Won a photo contest with my RV!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeq

http://www.forestriverinc.com/frog/photocontest/

We took a trip to the Shenandoah Valley for xmas this year.  Our kids had never seen snow (being from Florida).  I wasn't sure how this trip would go but camping in the snow was actually pretty fun.  We went to a couple ski resorts and did ski and snowboarding lessons with the kids.  They thoroughly enjoyed it.  In my early years I lived in upstate New York and skied a lot as a kid.  I was amazed at how easily I picked it back up after almost 35 years of not skiing.

Anyway, I was fooling around with time exposures one night and took a couple pictures that I thought came out kind of cool.  I submitted one to the Forest River photo contest and won first place!!  It added $500 to my gas fund.  ;D

Anyway, the first place photo in the link is mine.

Congrats Mike, on both the photo and the vacation that you and the kids will remember for a lifetime.  Way to go!! 

Congrats again Mike!  If y'all look at the 2nd place, that's mine!  Got that picture in front of my Sis-in-law's house up in Nebraska.  I was quite surprised when they picked mine.  There's a lot of good pictures submitted.

Congrats to both of you.  Both shots are really nice and both rigs are very nice too.

Hey Ed,

Yeah, I saw you in the thread on the OTHER site.  Nice picture. 

I'm interested to see what brochures we end up in.

--Mike

Mike,

Congratulations on the win!!!! Sounds like a great trip even without the win. We apparently don't live too far apart. We are located in Titusville!

Jim Dick said:
Mike,

Congratulations on the win!!!! Sounds like a great trip even without the win. We apparently don't live too far apart. We are located in Titusville!

Hey Jim,

Yeah, the trip was really great.  My 7 year old said he was going to remember the trip the rest of his life.  That made the whole trip right there.

We definitely are in the same neck of the woods.  I've been dying to take the RV over to the causeway for one of the last shuttle launches.  They've always been during the week and kids have been in school so I haven't managed.  Looks like we're going to miss the final launch too due to vacation.

--Mike

Hi Mike,

Yep, nothing like making a great memory for kids. :)

I'm guessing the last launch will have Titusville swamped. If one doesn't get there a week ahead of time there won't be any room left. I'm sort of glad we'll still be in Yellowstone! :) We did take our coach over to Parrish Park, which is on the causeway leading to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Preserve. It was a night launch so we stayed until the next morning. Woke up to a deserted island. Very easy drive back to The Great Outdoors.

Jim Dick said:
Hi Mike,

Yep, nothing like making a great memory for kids. :)

I'm guessing the last launch will have Titusville swamped. If one doesn't get there a week ahead of time there won't be any room left. I'm sort of glad we'll still be in Yellowstone! :) We did take our coach over to Parrish Park, which is on the causeway leading to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Preserve. It was a night launch so we stayed until the next morning. Woke up to a deserted island. Very easy drive back to The Great Outdoors.

Hey, wow, were going to miss the launch because were heading to Yellowstone.  Should be there around the 10th.  We're taking the whole month of July off and traveling all around the Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota Area.  We're staying a Grizzly.

Mike,

Don & Mary Ann Nesbitt are working at Grizzly! There are several forum framily in the area now. Be sure to stop at the Old Faithful Visitor's Center and say hi. We are working in the Park Store along with Bill Whetstone. Jim & Pat Godward live in Belgrade, about two hours away.

Not sure who else will be here at that time but I'll bet there will be others. :)

Hey Jim,

After 2771 miles, we're  about 150 miles from Yellowstone.  We'll be pulling into Grizzly sometime tomorrow.  We'll keep an eye out for you at the Old Faithful store.

--Mike

Mike,

Don & Mary Ann Nesbit are off Saturday through Monday. We are off Sunday and Monday. Bill Whetstone is off Saturday and Sunday. We have the closing shift on Tuesday(3:00-8:00). Looking forward to meeting you!

Hi Mike --

Sorry to not have welcomed you to Yellowstone, and especially Grizzly, but I didn't realize this thread had morphed into  "coming to Yellowstone".

We'd be happy to help you anyway we can.  We're in site 205 at Grizzly.  If the car is there, come knock.  If the car is not there, we'll be back. 

We are leaving shortly for a long day trip (Sunday) but will be back late this afternoon.

Look forward to meeting your family and you!

Don

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom