newbie seking a manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drummer

???Hi I introduced myself in the new members section but I have a question. We just purchased a 73 winnibego brave that has a few quirks I would like to take care of. Does anyone have or know where I can get a service manual or owners manual or both? Also I would like to find out about flattowing my 95 Nissan pickup. It is a V6 2wd w/manual transmission. Thx and look forward to hearing from you guys.

drummer said:
???Hi I introduced myself in the new members section but I have a question. We just purchased a 73 winnibego brave that has a few quirks I would like to take care of. Does anyone have or know where I can get a service manual or owners manual or both? Also I would like to find out about flattowing my 95 Nissan pickup. It is a V6 2wd w/manual transmission. Thx and look forward to hearing from you guys.

Drummer,

Sorry I can't help you with the manual problem but on the towing of the 95 Nissan give Remco a call (800) 228-2481 or www.remcotowing.com  They are the experts in towing. They can tell you if it can be towed without modification or not. They will NOT try to sell you anything you don't need.

You might try contacting Winnebago and asking about a copy of the manual.

There is a 1973 Winnie for sale right now on eBay and he says he has the owner's manual. You might try sending him a message offering to buy the manual or a copy of it.

Good luck!!

Try Winnebago for the manual but if I remember correctly (I had a 73 Winnebago Indian and my SIL had a 73 Brave), there wasn't really an owner's manual. There was small Dodge chassis manual plus a bunch of papers on the installed appliances.

I towed a 66 VW station wagon behind my Indian and later on a 75 Honda Civic. Worked OK in the flats but not too well in the mts. With a small transmission oil cooler, I eventually burned up the transmission. Got the transmission fixed and installed a humongous trans oil cooler. After all was said and done, we figured it would have been cheaper to drive the car instead of towing it. That's what we eventually did. I drove the Winnie and my wife drove the Honda in the draft. She would have made Dale Ironhead proud and she got fantastic gas mileage in the Civic.  :) We communicated via CB...her handle was Shadow. Anyhow, all this to say that you need a good transmission oil cooler and a trans temp guage. Also periodic trans oil analysis to keep an eye on the transmission.

Back
Top Bottom