RVing how-to's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Administrator
Unsure how to do something that someone else might have figured out? Click the Resources button above and view the Categories to see a list of how-to articles created by forum members.

Have a how-to of your own that you'd like to share with others? Upload here in a forum message and we'll get it added to the library.

Last edited:
When opeing the awning on  our coach, I found the pull strap became a nuissance as it flapped around in the wind.  A simple and inexpensive solution was to use a potato bag clip to hold the strap, after folding the strap accordian style.  See attached photo.

Attachments

• BAGCLIP.JPG.JPG
    BAGCLIP.JPG.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,465
Since the strap on A&E awnings is easily removable (just slide out of the groove), I usually just remove the strap and toss it in the bay where the lawn chairs and other "patio" stuff live.  If it's just an overnight stop, I might just wrap it around the awning arm a few times. Gotta be some advantage to my old-fashoned "many step" awning!  ;)

We have carefree awnings.  We very seldom use the big awning.  When we do I just wrape the strap around the arm similar to what you do Gary.

Steve said:
When opeing the awning on  our coach, I found the pull strap became a nuissance as it flapped around in the wind.  A simple and inexpensive solution was to use a potato bag clip to hold the strap, after folding the strap accordian style.  See attached photo.

Steve,

I see I'm really late catching up on this one. :) If I open my main awning (and that's not often) I just wrap the strap around the awning arm. Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom