EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: RVing how-to's  (Read 26968 times)

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
RVing how-to's
« on: February 24, 2005, 07:33:08 PM »
Unsure how to do something that someone else might have figured out? Click the Library button in the toolbar above to see a list of how-to articles created by forum members.

Can't see the Library button? You need to register and log into the forum.

Have a how-to of your own that you'd like to share with others? Upload here in a forum message and we'll get it added to the library.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 04:59:41 PM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Steve, CDN

• ---
  • VA3VH
    • The Pallys
Re: RVing how-to's
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 06:09:29 PM »
When opeing the awning on  our coach, I found the pull strap became a nuissance as it flapped around in the wind.  A simple and inexpensive solution was to use a potato bag clip to hold the strap, after folding the strap accordian style.  See attached photo.
Steve, Forum Moderator
Home Page
My Polar Bear Mural

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 09:12:57 AM »
Since the strap on A&E awnings is easily removable (just slide out of the groove), I usually just remove the strap and toss it in the bay where the lawn chairs and other "patio" stuff live.  If it's just an overnight stop, I might just wrap it around the awning arm a few times. Gotta be some advantage to my old-fashoned "many step" awning!  ;)
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 09:47:05 AM »
We have carefree awnings.  We very seldom use the big awning.  When we do I just wrape the strap around the arm similar to what you do Gary.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Jim Dick

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 11:22:41 PM »
When opeing the awning on  our coach, I found the pull strap became a nuissance as it flapped around in the wind.  A simple and inexpensive solution was to use a potato bag clip to hold the strap, after folding the strap accordian style.  See attached photo.

Steve,

I see I'm really late catching up on this one. :) If I open my main awning (and that's not often) I just wrap the strap around the awning arm. Works great.

Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

Hosted by Over The Network