Rialta tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The manual says no to what, Dan? Using the same size tire all-around? Basically, if the tire fits in the wheel well and has sufficient load capacity, you can use it.

I'd stick with the tires available from VW --and they also work on all Toyota MH's on the 1 ton chassis. I'm more familiar with the latter from the Toyota Motorhome web site. They recommend staying with the designed tire and VW as the best source.

My brother just bought a 2002 model FD that needs tires, his manual says only 195s on the front and 215s on the rear. The 8 ply tire specified is a light truck tire made for van use and carries a European spec., I have researched 6 different makers but none available. The unit presently has Continentals with 22K and are junk allready. The Michelin Agilis would be my choice if we can find them, and I have found owners that ARE using the 215s all around with no problems regardless of the book, I would prefer this so he can  rotate in the future.>>>Dan

A wider tire on the front can give problems with rubbing on the wheel well in extreme turns, but probably ok in normal driving. And I am told that too large a tire can affect the steering geometry.

END OF PROBLEM...After farther inspection it has been determined to have 215s installed all around for the last 40K miles. The unit has been outfitted with a new set of Continental 215/65R 16C load range D 8 ply and we are good to go. Thanks all.>>>Dan

Hey Everyone,

I stumbled across this thread when i was looking for suggestions for new tires for my 2005 Winnebago Rialta.

About four months ago i was in a similar situation - i needed new tires before a cross country camping trip. I searched for days for replacements for the Continental VanCo tires but it seems that they have discontinued production on those tires.
I noticed a few people saying that Nokian made a nice tire called the WR-C Van tire. I hadn't ever heard of Nokian before so i gave the guys at TiresByWeb.com a call (only retailer online i could find). They turned out to be very familiar with the Rialta and its tire sizes/load index requirements. All in all they were very helpful, and best of all they had the tires in stock in the 195/215 sizes. Although i decided to take some advice from this thread and do the 215's all the way around. They arrived in about three days, i was very impressed with the quickness of the whole transaction.
It's been about three months since i've had the tires installed and i am very pleased. I haven't noticed any rubbing issues at all in the front. The noise level of the Nokians are very similar to the Vanco's, but the handling is much more responsive.
All in all, i would definitely recommend going with the Nokians. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom