Wintering in Texas Need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sundance3200

The house has sold and we are in the process of staying in Chattanooga until Nov.  We will then leave for Texas.  We are looking in Rockport, Aransas Pass and Port Aransas area for campgrounds.  Do any of you winter around here and if so what campgrounds do you recommend?  We have a 34' 5er.  Any advice is most welcome.  Wife is retiring 9/30 and we will leave here around 10/25.  Thank you in advance.

We stayed at the Big D RV park in Rockport part of one winter (2007) and liked it.

Friends told us that there were lots of conflicts the following year between management and some residents. New management was brought in and it went  back to normal.
Maybe someone with later info will post.

You can stay for free for two weeks on the beach at Malaquite Beach at Padre Island National Seashore, then you can stay another two weeks at the campground.

Try this place - http://www.gulfrv.com/ Gulf Waters Beach Front RV Resort. Pretty nice place. I have driven through it, looks fabulous. Have freinds that stayed there and loved it. We plan on going there for a week in February.

mickey53usa said:
Try this place - http://www.gulfrv.com/ Gulf Waters Beach Front RV Resort. Pretty nice place. I have driven through it, looks fabulous. Have freinds that stayed there and loved it. We plan on going there for a week in February.

We stayed there for a week last December. It's a beautiful place. The sites are privately owned and each one is different. A bit pricey, though.

8) I have a plan to visit chattanooga in nov as well.
I'm from Plano, Texas. We are going to go up and east...
actually opposite direction to you. If you pass Hot springs, catherine's landing RV park is really nice.
Yesterday I left to here (Little RocK). Good luck!!
(I can say Lavonia rv park is quite good for you, in Texas)

mrschwarz said:
We stayed there for a week last December. It's a beautiful place. The sites are privately owned and each one is different. A bit pricey, though.

web site only shows parking spots for sale?  How does this work?

mariekie4 said:
Taoshum do you mean Catherine's Landing RV Park or Lake Catherine State Park campground. Those are two different places.

Mariekie

gulfrv.com  but I've never been to either one.

Back
Top Bottom