Blacky RIP; March, 1992 - June 17, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
It is a sad day for us. Our beloved Persian Cat Blacky, age 19+, passed away today while we are camped near Bar Harbor, ME.  Blacky has been a fixture at numerous forum rallies for the last dozen years and boon companion to us for near 20.  He will be sorely missed.

*** Had to correct the subject line - Black was born in 1992.

Attachments

• BLACKY at Beluga Pt AK(Medium).JPG
    BLACKY at Beluga Pt AK(Medium).JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 89
So sorry to hear of your loss of a beloved pet.  I just went through that with the loss of a dog and fully understand the pain that comes with the awful void they leave.

Condolences Gary. I didn't realize that Blacky was that age.

Dear Gary and Nancy,

Was so sorry to read about Blacky.  He truly was a great cat and we will miss seeing him when we get together again. 

We're so sorry for your loss, Gary and Nancy.  Our special furry friends are very hard to lose.

Margi and Tom

Hard to lose a family member, even the furry ones. Been through that three times this year. Feel your pain.

It's difficult for me to type a message tonight without crying - Blacky was always climbing onto my desk and clambering over the keyboard, looking for attention when my mind was focused elsewhere.  Now I regret the times I shooed him away, sometimes with an angry word. Little things like that are what memories are made of...

Awww, Gary.  Angry words or not, that's a really GOOD memory to have!  You'll both miss Blacky who was a neat kitty.

ArdraF

Gary and Nancy,

Big hugs to  each of you.  Such a hole in the heart, 20 years ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Betty

I too have an old buddy [my best friend] that tries to block as much of the screen as he can... ;)........he is 18 and getting pretty weak, i hope that he can go in his sleep......... :(

sorry for your loss Gary............and remember that they don't remember being shooed ..........animals forgive and forget a lot better than humans.............that is what makes them dear to our hearts.....

Sorry to hear your friend moved on to the Rainbow Bridge. It's a hard thing to lose our hairy kids. Hold tight to your memories.

Wendy

Sorry to hear of your loss. Blacky had a long and good life, go ahead and grieve but treasure the memories.

The Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together......."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gary,

We're really sorry to hear about Blacky. We know how much you and Nancy loved him. We did, too! We will miss not seeing him when we visit. Having gone through this experience ourselves, we know the pain but it will ease with time. There must be a homeless cat/kitten that is waiting for your love.

I know how you feel.We just buried (Katie) :( She died at home.We have one more, (bell cat) who we plan to start taking with us on our weekend and holiday trips.Will have to get a tether like your kitty is wearing in the pic.Hang in there. :)

Blacky was mostly an indoor cat but would occasionally like to take a walk on a leash. In his later years he tired easily, so would go for a ride in a pet stroller - we called it his limo. Darn I miss that guy!

Back
Top Bottom