Blacky RIP; March, 1992 - June 17, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Losing furkids is heartbreaking as many already know.  There is never enough time with them no matter what species or breed.  My sympathies to Blacky's family.

There is no doubt that the love you gave him far outweighs anything else so don't feel quilty for what you can't change.  Remember the head butts, the rubs, the purrs and all of the silly little things that made him so special.

Godspeed Blackie.

Remember the head butts, the rubs, the purrs and all of the silly little things that made him so special.

I do, Karen, and thanks for reminding me to focus on the good memories rather than the loss. But I don't mind shedding some tears for him either.

Ah Gary, so sorry for the lost of your beloved friend.  It's incredible how big a hole they leave when they go.  That is a ripe old age for a cat so I'm sure you have 19+ years of great memories you can replay over and and over again.  Hold tight to those great memories.

Ruth

I'm really sad to hear about Blacky.  He was a wonderful cat with a great personality.  I know both you and Nancy will miss him.

Jeannine

Gary RV Roamer said:
I'm sure there is another furry pal in our future, likely as soon as our mourning period is over.

Gary, I only lasted two weeks when "Reddog" left for the bridge.  I thought I would feel guilty about getting another dog so quickly, but I didn't see it as a replacement, but more like an early rescue of another shelter friend in need.  The attachment very quickly grows both ways.

There is an old hymn, "Rescue the Parishing, care for the dying. . ." 

I walked into Walmart with Valencia County Animal Rescue parked out front trying to find homes a nd the volunteers talking with each other about how all the lookers were interested in was the husky. I was thankful for my four rescues waiting at home --even as we still mourn Poquita Bonita. . .  She's doing her dance for Dad, Mom and Bev.

Gary

We lost our 19 year old cat Parker in December and were devastated .  A month later we realized that both we and our other kitty needed a new pal.  Well off to the local shelter where I said we wanted an older cat (as we are older) and I also hoped for my own lap cat, as our other kitty is definitely ken's cat. Well Mia ,who was found on the street and is approximately 4, has been with us since that day and from the very beginning she has considered my lap her home.  in fact as I type this she is laying across my legs taking her bath.  Like people they each have their own personality and when the time is right we hope you find a new fur baby.

Sheila

Like Lou, Mike & I only lasted 2 weeks after losing Sam before heading to the local Humane Society to rescue Gordon. I know that Sam and Rico sent Gordon to us and he helped lessen the morning period. Nothing like petting and hugging a hairy kid to help ease the pain of loss.

Wendy

Gary and Nancy,
we are so sorry to hear about Blacky's passing. We KNOW that he had a very good long life because he had 2 people that cared very much for him. Hold on to those 19+ years' worth of precious memories. In them, Blacky will always be with y'all.

Best regards,
Jack and Liz

My heart goes out to your family, I know you miss him something awful.

Losing your beloved Blacky, that is so sad.  :'(

Would love to see more pictures posted.  :)

What a grand life to live that long, very amazing.  Rv-ing must have suited him well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom