Tiling the slide on our 98 Coachmen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Road Blogger

We will be tiling the slide area while we are here in Michigan.  We will be pulling the carpet and the divider between the dinnette and the sofa.

Anyone remove this divider in their units?  It is about 2 inches wide and just seperates the sofa from the dining area.  It was the ballasters that run from ceiling to the main divider that is about 36 i nches tall.

The slide is raised from the main floor (about 3 i nches).

THANKS

Tim and Mary

On the road in Michigan

Tim- what kind of material did you use? And what did you do about the exposed edge? Give us a couple of photos, please.

We used 12 X 12 Prestige Vinyl Tile by Surface Source.  It is peel and stick and went right over the OSB floor.  I will get a few pictures of the floor tomorrow.  The exposed edge will be covered with a laminate.  (It is a raised slide.)  Where the tile and laminate cone together on the top corner we will use a corner moulding like on the steps.

Tim and Mary

We are cutting the laminate tomorrow.  The slide platform is about 2 inches and it ia another 1 3/4 above the floor.  We think if the laminate is about 3 inches wide, it will be off the floor and still proiviude coverage so you will not see under the slide.

Here is the edge of the slide today.

Attachments

• office_slide_edge.jpg
    office_slide_edge.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom