Halloween Rally in Georgia - Y'all Come!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
The Brinck's and the Reavis's are going camping Halloween weekend and you are all invited to join us. It will be at the Georgia Veterans State Park on Lake Blackshear near Cordele, GA and we will be there from October 27 to 11/1. Come when you can and stay as long as you can.

It's Halloween, so think of some decorations for the RV and camp site. Maybe even a weird hat or something for the official night.

Make your reservations online with the Georgia State Parks site. We will be booking Premium (waterfront) sites, but they are all nice.

More info later, but I wanted to let folks know so they can fit it into their calendars.

Ned and I would love to join you but we will have guests at our lot in Texas that week.  Would love to have you and Nancy come and join us at our lot sometime soon.  We will be back the middle of Sept.

Patsy and I already have reservations and would really like to meet and greet.

We was not assigned a site when we made the reservations. Other Ga. state parks we have camped at was first come first serve and you picked your site when you arrived.

We will be there on 29 through 31.

See ya'll then

Gary,

We finish at Yellowstone on 15 October. Hope to stop at the Spartan factory after that. Maybe we can make it.
It will be close!!

IF and that is a big IF we get out of here the first week in September we might still be on the east coast and able to make it.  We've only made one of the eastern rallies and had great fun at it so will look forward to trying to be there.  On the other hand we may be in TX by then.

That's right - the site number is not pre-assigned.  You reserve a site (regular or ADA-handicapped) and choose the particular one on arrival. Look for the Black & Gold American Tradition and gather around. We have reserved 10/27-11/1.

Jerry & Patsy: Looking forward to meeting you. There are no strangers at our rallies - just friends we haven't met before!

Gary RV Roamer said:
[ We will be booking Premium (waterfront) sites, but they are all nice.

Gary,

I did not see the option to get into the waterfront area on the reservation or a "premium" site designation. Are you saying its first come/first serve for all three camping sections, all at the same rate?

Kim

It appear there is only one class of general use site this year. Used to be three classes - ADA (handicap access), Standard and Premium, but I could no longer find a Premium when I reserved today. No big deal - all the sites are nice and all have  lake view, even if not actually waterfront.

Gary,

Please add Christi and I to the list. We will be coming back from the West in time for Orange Beach in mid November and this is close enough to our route (well kinda) that we would not want to miss it!

We have our reservations.

Thanks for putting it on the chart! Look forward to seeing you!

Kim

Hi Gary --

Please add Mary Ann and me to the list! 

Our job here in West Yellowstone is over Oct 15, so we should be able to make it.  Made reservation tonight.

Looking forward to seeing the Reavis, Nancy, and you again.

Don

Now that my folks are moved from Florida to Virginia we will be back in AZ by then. Sorry to miss the gang this year.

Gary:  Shirley and I are going to try to make it.  We will be hosting a photo shoot in the Smoky Mountains ahead of that and need to be at Caddo Lake in East Texas on November 3rd for another one.

Cheryl and I are hoping to make a 3-week trip up to NC and back in Sept/Oct.  Maybe we can make it late enough that we can stop there on the way back...

Gary,

We made our reservations this morning. Hope we can make it. They didn't assign a site so I guess we'll have to hope one is close to you!

There are plenty of sites and none are really far away, so should be no problem. The unknown is how many other (non-rally) people will book sites and maybe select one near our gang.  We've had two rallies there in the past and it hasn't been a problem, though.

We're currently on the "maybe" list, Gary. We're planning to visit our son in Baltimore this fall, which would give us the excuse to get that far east, so it's just a question of timing. We'll update this when we know.

So if we all show up in costume, we can have fun trying to figure out who is who ;D

I'm workamping about 200 miles north of there, maybe I'll sneak down for a few days.  8)

Back
Top Bottom