Backfire thru the throttle body

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything the mechanic/owner told me from the previous shop was a lie, and im glad i folowed up on it. He did call me on Monday and passed the buck onto 'my mechanic" telling me he would have a talk with him and that he does not run that kind of a shop,  when all the while it was him telling me that "i removed the valve cover to check the cam". Every thing he told me was "i " did this and that. Still furious about all that.
Anyway, diagnosis from the new shop........Fuel pressure too low, needs fuel pump. Timing was 6 degrees off also. Nothing wrong with my cam or timing chain and i do not have a dead cylinder.
I said in my initial post that i thoughe it was a lean condition and possible the fuel filter. Turns out i was on the right track. I am just glad i know enough to know that my engine was not running bad enough to have all the things wrong that the first guy was telling me. Now, what is my duty here?  Should I  let others learn from their own experience with that shop. Should i let by gones be bye gones? What would you guys do? This went from a 2600$ repair down to the cost of a diagnosis plus a fuel pump replacement.

checking your cam shaft lobes can be done using your timming light on your valves. with your tappet couvers off, your timming light is a strobe light so you can watch the valves with the engine running in very slow mothion. you can than tell if they are sticking, or not opening..

Back
Top Bottom