Change MagneTek 74XX to ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clark Griswold

We just purchased our new-to-us RV and it has the stock MagneTek 7400 series converter installed.  After looking through other threads I believe it might be in my best interest to replace the converter to a 3-stage unit since my RV is usually hooked up to shore power most of the time during any length of storage.  What advice can anyone give me on a solid 3-stage converter with the most bang for the buck.  I also notice that installing a PowerWizard with the converter is a suggested to-do.  Any opinions? :eek:

I put one in from bestconverters.com it was easy to install it came as a complete kit everything was swapped. New fuseblock and even got a book on 12volt systems. right around 200.00. It's not top of the line but for a budget it seems to work fine. Mine lives on shore power we only get to go about 3-4 times a year so lots of shore time. Can't give any advice on powerwizard never used one. 

I recently replaced my old Magnetek charger with a Progressive Dynamics 9260C, with the built in Charge Wizard and the remote pendant.

My recommended brands are Progressive Dynamics, Iota, and Xantrex. The Progressive 92xx series has the 3-stage function (Charge Wizard) built in, as do the Xantrex converter/cahrgers; on the Iota and the Progressive 91xx series, it is an add-on (about $25).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom