Mini-rally in Bozeman, MT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can remember telling friends to bring warm clothes along when we would invite them out for a sail on Lake Michigan.  They would laugh and say it is 90 degrees out here.  Some would listen and were happy and others wouldn't and needed to ask us for something warm to wear.

Lorna,

Last year, we might have been those people. What we have learned is to keep extra jackets or pullovers in the car, and expect anything out here. I think that served Barb and Frank well when they had to spend the night in the Jeep high centered in the snow.

We also keep water and some snacks. Ya just never know in the boonies!

Kim

p.s. last night it was supposed to be in the mid 40's - this morning it was 37 degrees on my bike - pretty unpredictable, even at the summer solstice.

Looks as if there's a fair chance we'll get to the Tetons in mid-August. If it works out, I hope there'll still be a few of you around, perhaps Bill and Jim in YP, at least. DW's knee surgery has restricted us for a while, but it looks to be good before that.

Hi Larry --

Mary Ann and I will be working at Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone through mid-October.  Our off days are Sat, Sun, Mon, and we're off at 3:45 on Tue, Wed, and Thur., so we're available, too.

Look forward to seeing you.

Don

We're now in Cheyenne, at a Trailmanor rally, at AB Camground. We'll be heading north Monday morning, probably stopping overnight beore getting to the Teton area. Since we were unable to get reservations at Colter, we'll probably be staying at Gros Ventre. Looking forward to seeing some of you folks up there.

BTW, it's a bit foggy here in Cheyenne, at the moment, and 58? with a light breeze.

Had me there for a second, thought I just missed, I was in Bozeman yesterday (Sat), then overnghted in an NFS CG down 191.  Normally I would drive to B and back in a day, but this makes it so easy.

LArry, looking forward to seeing you guys again.

We're in Lander, WY now, at the Pioneer RV park. It's a PA park, but we hadn't joined yet  :-\

Depending on our departure time tomorrow, we'll likely be north of Jackson Hole by noon. Lookin' forward to a visit.

Larry,

We close the store tomorrow so, if you're in the neighborhood of Old Faithful before 8pm, stop by and say hi.

To update this thread: We've spent the last five nights at the Colter Bay campground ($10/nite with Golden Age pass) in Grand Teton Nat'l Park, without phone service or internet. On Wed. (17th) we briefly chatted with Pancake Bill in the Old Faithful area bookstore -- he was pretty tied up, but got us in touch with Jim and Pat Dick. We had a great time over a long lunch with Jim and Pat (wonderful pair), before they had to go to work.

The park is, of course, a gorgeous place and, among other things, the scenic cruise boat is a nice trip -- worth the time. The dinner cruise is not quite as good, with the steak and trout being OK, but nothing to write home about, and the skeeters at the dinner site on Elk Island -- ouch.

We really enjoyed the park's spectacular scenery, and actually saw a couple of bull moose at, of all places, Moose Village, along the river.

Yesterday afternoon (Sun, 22nd) we arrived at the Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park where, almost before we were set up, Don and Mary Ann Nesbitt showed up on our door step. We had a delightful afternoon chat with them, then supper at the Gusher. We're scheduled to ride with them today on a road they particularly wanted to share -- Beartooth, I think it is.

We do have pix to document our gettogethers, but at this point they're still in the camera -- will get them posted when I can.

I am picked up Jolene on Friday, and we camped our way back to Yellowstone, arriving Sunday afternoon.  We thoroughly enjoyed the Westy's prowess in the hinterlands on the way back, camped in free areas on Fri night and just north of Gros Ventre on Sat night. 

Was nice seeing you guys the other day, sorry I was so busy, but glad I got to hook you up with the Dicks. 

Jolene is up here till 9/8, then we head back down for more appointments.

Wonderful news that Jolene is back!  Praying that the good news and recovery continues.

Don and Mary Ann

Super, Bill -- glad that Jolene was able to come back with you. Here's hoping things continue to go well for you two.

I'm sorry we weren't able to hook up this time around, but maybe another time. We're heading for Cody today, after a wonderful day spent going up the Beartooth highway with Don and Mary Ann, so won't be able to get back down there on this trip.

Bill,

Glad to hear about Jolene.  It is great she will have some time off from Dr.s and all.  Tell her to lay back and just enjoy your wonderful front yard!!

It is so smoky here we can't see most of our mountains.

Larry,

It was great to meet you and Mary Ann. Really enjoyed our lunch together. Too bad you can't make it back here on this trip.

We just spent the last 4 days in the Lamar Valley at the Summer Wildlife course. It didn't start until 7pm on Saturday so we also went up the Beartooth to Red Lodge for lunch. What a great ride! Came back via the Chief Joseph highway.

Below are two pics to confirm our "mini-rallies" mentioned above. The first is with Jim and Pat Dick at Old Faithful Inn, and the second is with Don and Mary Ann Nesbitt in our Bounder at Grizzly RV park in West Yellowstone (no pic available from restaurants).

(Jim- We enjoyed it too. Glad your class went well.)

Attachments

• TetonTrip_JimPat_20110817_023_sm.JPG
    TetonTrip_JimPat_20110817_023_sm.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 30
  • TetonTrip_Nesbit_20110821_027sm.JPG
    TetonTrip_Nesbit_20110821_027sm.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom