The start of my remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://silverskyproject.zzl.org/070411.html

Next update. Not much. Spent a good portion cleaning sealer off the front of the roof and the trim.

Great looking remodel and nice picture presentation. It takes alot of something special to do major remodeling on RV's and do a great job. Hats off to you! Keep the posts coming.

Best of luck with the rest of your remodel.

Tom,

There are three things for certain, death, taxes and leaking RV's.

Bumpity bump.

http://silverskyproject.zzl.org/071011.html

Getting down there. It is a race to the 21st. Plans are to be out of the apartment and into the motorhome by then, leaving us a week max to finish cleaning the apartment. Should be an interesting 11 days :)

wow very nice finish work. did the same work 2 years ago (just sold the MH) but was not able to find real wood panel here in Canada. so ended up using the cardboard type of panel.....not so good it really sucks up moisture. got to keep the inside dry. :)
anyway I know money is tight for you and as of yet I have not tried this (will be picking up the "new" Mh this week) but this was recommended to me. of course the Bed on my "new" one is smaller then the bunk on yours

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=STY&ItemID=184134e&submit%20search.y=0&Ntt=firm+mattress+foam

I plan on simply sewing a queen size sheet set around the foam to make the RV mattress.

Looking good.

http://silverskyproject.zzl.org/071711.html

Major construction is pretty much done, now to get it ready to move into next week. Still have the roof to do, but that will be a few weeks until I have the money for the Eternabond and vent cover.

One hard working adventurer!  ;D  Still looking good and the 21st is creeping up...but I think you'll make it with the energy you've shown.  By the way, did you ever stop your work to look around you at the mess and wonder, "What have I gotten myself into?"  I have!  ???

We pushed the date back to this weekend, instead of the 21st, to give ourselves a couple more days lol. And, I've had the virtue of keeping myself too busy to think "what have I gotten myself into", although near the beginning, DW asked if we got in over our heads!

I have, however, had passing  thoughts on "how the hell am I going to get this all cleaned up!" then realize after 30 minutes of cleaning that it wasn't all that bad.

You have done a wonderful job.  The motorhome looks GREAT!

Now go and  have a lot of fun with it, and safe travels.

Unbelievable!  You are definitely an inspiration.  I have directed my husband to your website.  On our new (to us) 93 mini winnie, there is some bowing that I would like to look at and address but have been leery of  going there with everything else we need to do.  But you've almost got a step by step guide!  :)

Can't wait to see the finished product!
Paula  :)

Thank you all for the words of encouragement! Need it after last night. Finally got to the water systems.....

Lesson #86 when you buy a used rv: Make sure all water connections are hooked up! Started filling the fresh water tank to clean the system, only to find water pouring out under the motorhome! There is a T-connection under the sink where the pump is, and the inlet tube to the pump wasn't even connected to it! Water just happily pouring out of the connection. Sopped up what we could, and ran home to grab a fan to dry out the rest.

Got that taken care of, then started running the bleach water through the system. Put a little bit of bleach in the hose and hooked it up to the city water connection to clean that as well. Went back to the pump, ran some more water. Found out we have a small leak at the toilet. Small leak, and about 95% of the water drops down onto the black tank, but a little stayed in the bathroom. Get to pull that and see if it is just the inlet hose, or if something on the actual toilet is broken. Not looking forward to trying to get around that toilet, absolutely no room. Makes me think they put the toilet in before they even put up any walls!

Excellent, man!    Been a pleasure to watch your diligence in your work!! 

Thanks for keeping the thread updated. 

Spent a good hour trying to get the rear nut off of the toilet. No dice. Not the tubes. Going to have to replace the toilet, which means we won't have running water for the next couple weeks. Will have to use jugs of water for everything, including "flushing" the toilet.

Wonderful job your doing with it. I had a old 1976 Dodge Jamboree with nearly the same floor plan but same roof issues over the bunk. But you done a wonderful job of getting the interior fixed up.  8)

http://silverskyproject.zzl.org/073011.html

Next update, which was long overdue. Next weekend will be a new vent in the bathroom and eternabond on the roof if the weather allows it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom