Keyless entry - replacement of old system or retrofitting to one without

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John Canfield said:
Bummer!  I would have been amazed if you could have gotten it to work though, thanks for reporting the results.

On a happier note, I do have the wiring for the controller module, but it's a Winnie document and I can't put it up as-is on the forum (Tom the forum owner is very picky about honoring copyright  :) ).  I'm either going to transcribe/manipulate it and put it here or make it available on my web site via a link.

If you get it posted somewhere, please PM me, as I'd like to take a look-see.

Here's the link to the document,  I'll leave it up on my website for a few days.

I just noticed the document is for the 2005 Vectra/Horizon so one would infer the 2004 model year keyless entry is different.  I'll check into that.

Got a clarification - the document I have is good for the 2004 Vectra/Horizon (not sure what other models it applies to), it added details about the outside keypad.

I'm having work on my journey, brake and tow system.  I don't know if they disconnected the batteries, but, one of my fobs stopped working. I replaced the battery, and still does not work.  Shop has my other fob.  If I have to reprogram, does any one know where the receiver module is located?

Shop will open Tuesday. Will have to wait till Tuesday to find out if they disconnected the battery.

Thanks.

Jim
Aka tin man

Jim - in the Vectra/Horizon, the module is located in the bay under the driver's position.  You have to remove a few screws and swing away the panel that has the circuit breakers.  Not sure if the Journey is the same.

Thanks John you have been very helpful.  I hope I can meet you sometime when we start traveling.  Will pick up the MH Tuesday, and start on our way back to NY.  OH THE JOYS OF THE CBE. Cross Bronx Expressway.

I'll let you know about outcome.

Jim

Well the repair shop did not remove or disconnect battery's.  I reinstalled the battery on the fob a few times and it worked.  I have two fobs and they  work inetermitantly.  Any ideas? Some times one works or both works or neither one works.

Jim

Try cleaning the two little copper contacts that stick out in door frame.  There are two on the frame and two matching ones on the door. They pass the current to the lock when you hit the button. Take a little steel wool and make them nice and shiny.  When mine starts getting sluggish thats what I do. 

Do they also control the compartment lock signal? Forgot to mention.  Thanks.

Will leave for Gettysburg tomorrow.

SargeW said:
Try cleaning the two little copper contacts that stick out in door frame. ...

Yup - those contacts need an annual cleaning.  I use a pencil eraser; steel wool is okay but the strands of steel wool will rust if you leave any behind.  Scotchbrite is good, 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper, etc.

Tin man said:
Do they also control the compartment lock signal?

If you are referring to the door contacts, then no, nothing to do with the compartment locks.

Like I said it's intermittent. Sometimes the fobs lock and unlock the door and compartments, and than they do not work.still looking for the control box, I believe it may be in the front  where there is a access panel for the fuses.

Tomorrow is another day

Jim

Yep.  I have a garage door opener that did the same thing, I finally bought new ones. Guess that option is out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom