Keyless entry - replacement of old system or retrofitting to one without

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John

How do I find the number to owners relation or do they have an email address?  I cannot find the control box for the life of me.

It would help if I knew what I was looking for.

Thanks again

Jim W.

I know this is an older thread but since it is a sticky I thought I'd add my two cents.

My keyless entry system quit working when my 2010 Journey 34Y was about 1.5 years old.  Like everybody else, I called Winnie and got the SCS story.  They recommend Trimark as a replacement unit.  Long story short, I ordered the Trimark E-ASK system and an adapter harness from Winnebago.  Installing the system took about 30 minutes.  With the adapter harness it is plug and play.  You could save yourself the cost of the harness if you were willing to fabricate your own.  I doubt you could match the quality of the Winnie harness or obtain the connectors for anything near the price though.

Here are some notes.  The Trimark Website has more good information and you can download the manuals.  Here is a link

Keyless Entry notes

Factory Installed System - SCS/Frigette
Went out of business in 2009, Winnebago now installs TriMark E-ASK System
SCS main module part number - 101-2393, winnebago part number 151458-03-000.  No longer available.

SCS Pinnouts (printed on back of controller):

2 - Lock/Unlock Polarity
3 - Door Lock
4 - Ground
9 - Door Unlock
10 - Ignition
11 - Porch Light Convenience
13 Parking Clearance Lights
14 +12v
All others - no connection

to order from substitute unit from TriMark - 800 431-8616

Conversion parts:
Wiring Harness from Winnebago - p/n 176356-02-000 $84 + ship&tax (this is the 2010 Journey 34Y part - other models may require a different part)
Controller from TriMark - 500-1000 system (non cargo, controller and fobs only) Part #28554-05 (comes with 2 fobs - non cargo type) $111
Entry Keypad from Trimark - 29087-01 (horizontal with 18 foot harness) - $271 (this is an option and one I did not select.  They also sell a lighted entry handle with keypad)

John Canfield said:
Excellent info and welcome!

John

The system stopped working again.  I read the above response, and they mention a replacement system.. It looks like the way to go. Door lock and compartment doors. 

Am I reading it correctly?  I am told I cannot order direct from Winny.  Is this true?

Thanks again for your insight and help.

Jim W.

Mamaw said:
We absolutely love the convenience of the remote controlled locks on our coach.  Well, hubbys remote fob has a way of using up batteries very quickly; and mine has a broken cover.  Currently mine is held together with good old duct tape.
So I tried ordering new fobs.  Quick and easy fix, right?  WRONG!  SCS/Frigette who manufactured these locks for the 2004 models is no longer in business.  Now they are using Tru-Chek.  I though we would order and get new fobs when we arrived for the WIT Rally.  It seems that you must have it rewired, etc. and the cost is in the neighborhood of $1000.00.  So, a word to the wise.  Be careful with your remote fobs.  Replacement is expensive.  If anybody knows of a way to reprogram other remotes to the frequency used on the originals, it would be wonderful.  I know you can do that on cars. 

first off do u have a keyless entry keypad besides your remote controlled locks? and does the keypad mean a lot to you?
If not you can buy car keyless entry kits for like 40$ and its easy to install and will have the same results as your having now

Edit by John: fix quote block

Unfortunately it isn't quite that simple of a system.  I did hours of research attempting to find a low-cost replacement solution and I always kept coming back to the Trimark system.  Also, there is a wiring harness conversion kit made by Winnebago that adapts the old SCS wiring harness to the Trimark system which greatly simplifies installation.

John Canfield said:
Unfortunately it isn't quite that simple of a system.  I did hours of research attempting to find a low-cost replacement solution and I always kept coming back to the Trimark system.  Also, there is a wiring harness conversion kit made by Winnebago that adapts the old SCS wiring harness to the Trimark system which greatly simplifies installation.

actually I disagree and it is simple(to me) as long as they dont have a factory keypad that they still want to imploy. You take a auto remote entry module and u use it in place of existing one. Only thing is this system will lock and unlock doors and compartments together and not seperately

The current issue of WIT Mag (June/July 2013) has a great write-up on retrofitting the SCS system to the newer Tri-Mark system.  Has all the part #s needed, a diagram, and other good info. 

One note for older coaches (yeah, my 2004) is that RVs built prior to Spring of 2004 may have an older SCS system that cannot be simply upgraded with the wiring harness.. the connectors are different.

They recommend pulling your parts list from http://dealer.winnebagoind.com/unitsearch/parts.htm (you need your Winnie serial #) and searching for part #s of the old SCS system.  Apparently if you have the #151458 or #176367 SCS systems the harness adaptor will work but if you have the #102756 system (like mine in my 2004 Vectra) the harness will not work. 

They say for those older systems the new Tri-Mark System will work but must be hardwired, dealer installation recommended.

WIT mag just came out.  I posted my comment the day I got the mag...  would think yours should be arriving any time.  Pg 28 "Service Tips from the Pros."

Big article on the keyless entry system in this months WIT magazine. Just about everything you need to know except the cost.

Don G. WIT 70041

I have an 07 Horizon with the SCS/Frigette keypad keyless entry system and my "entry code" has stopped working. The keypad still locks the doors and cargo doors and the remote transmitters still work.  So, my question is does anyone know how to reset the "entry code"?
Thank you,
Curtis

Back
Top Bottom