Forum - new look ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard46

Is it just my computer or did the text on the forum change. It seems to be a much lighter shade of blue and is a little hard for me to read.

If its my computer, can someone tell me how to change it back.

I was just about to post that I was having the same problem with the lighter font. Must have something to do with the upgrade Tom did. The messages themselves are fine but the list of posts is a very subdued shade of blue.

Wendy

I noticed the change when I installed the software upgrade and, although a little voice kept nagging me, it didn't really bother me. I'll take a look at changing the contrast when I get home later tonight. On my way out the door right now.

I concur with Wendy and wizard. It is a litttle harder to read. Also, my font is now ever-so-slightly smaller. Harder to see.

I do appreciate that we have gone back to having staff in bolder print on the list of who's on line. Like knowing who's watching!  ;D ;D 

Ray D  ;D

[quote author=Wendy]The messages themselves are fine but the list of posts is a very subdued shade of blue.[/quote]

Sorry, I got sidetracked. I changed it to black, so let me know if that's better. Thanks.

Note that this might cause confusion in some areas of the forum, and may even make some things look rather ugly, so I might need to change it back, or change it to something in between.

[quote author=Ray D]... my font is now ever-so-slightly smaller. Harder to see.[/quote]

Ray, that's something you can easily change in your browser.

Thanks Ray, but I didn't change the font size  ???

I wish that you could fix it so that we could select more than one photo to post at one time. The "choose file, selecting the file, more attachments, ad nauseam" dance is like going back to he 90s.

Understood Tom. Several mods that were developed to do just that either don't work with the current version of the forum software or were abandoned by the respective authors. I have a couple of ideas for an alternative, but they're just that right now.

Tom, FYI - I just responded to a posting and my response included an embedded link.  The typical underlining of the linked text is there and the link is good, but the underlining is very faint (link inserted to to demonstrate problem) and just does not catch your eye well.  I have not changed my IE8 settings at all nor attempted to improve the condition.  Do others have this problem or do you think it is my IE8 settings?

At least links are now underlined, previously they were just colored blue.  In most browsers, you can set it to use any colors of your choice for unfollowed and followed links but that may make other parts of the page look rather ugly :)

[quote author=Molaker]... the link is good, but the underlining is very faint... [/quote]

Aye Tom, that's what happens when I tweak just one attribute; That underline worked OK with the fainter text, but looks quite anaemic with the black font, and is an example of what I alluded to in my earlier message. Rather than tweak the underline, only to find something else doesn't look right, I'm inclined look at all the CSS for this theme and do all the tweaks at one time. However, that's not something I have time for in the immediate future. As Ned suggests, you should be able to define some of this behavior in your browser.

Actually, I can live with it.  I thought I'd mention it before you got swamped with complaints, but I see you are on top of it already.

[quote author=Molaker].... before you got swamped with complaints ...[/quote]

Complaints? Nobody here complains  ;D

... but I see you are on top of it already.

I wish that were true  :-[

Here is the complaint form, please fill out in detail.  □

That's too big!

The CEO of one company I worked for in the 70's & 80's used to hand people a postcard and say "write your complaint on this". Then he'd say "turn it over and write what you're doing to fix it on the back". He didn't get many complaints  ;D

Little late getting back in but THANKS for changing back to my normal. U Da Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom