Ironwork from an Arctic Fox?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironworker21

Ok, so the title was a little vague.  I'm a union ironworker and have been on the road for a few years now, have 11 years in, but been officially 'on the road' for about 3 to 4 of those.  Been renting apartments and houses wherever i go and i'm finally tired of it.  Wen't out and got myself pre-approved for a TT loan.  Here is my dilemma.  I'm from the midwest, Nebraska to be exact, and i'm really interested in the Arctic Fox line of TT's. 

But, the closest dealer with units in stock, is in Wyoming.  I'm pretty well stuck on that brand, due to basically what i have read on the net, and i know, it's the internet, but still everyone seems to be proud of there's, and you don't find too many of them for sale, used.  I have found 2 models I like, on about 4 different lots, in 4 different states....Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. 

My ? to you veterans of the camping world, and workamping world....should I trust what I read, sight unseen?  The reason I'm  stressing it, is because I'm looking at making a vacation out of buying one, and heading to a destination like the Tetons, Yellowstone, Yosemite, etc. 

Thanks for any info, and you guys have a great sight here!

You might want to contact the dealer in LaGrande,OR and check his prices.  A few years back when we bought our Fox they were
about the cheapest around.  Might be worth the extra days drive to get a better deal.  BTW they are about two miles from the factory so they can get whay you want pretty fast.

Hey Donn thanks a bunch for the reply!  I've been talking to Paul out there and i'm really gettin itchy to pull the trigger on a used 29v he has.  It's not priced to bad fro what i' have found, actually really cheap for a 2010.  I'm also concerned about the 13.5 AC units.  Around here, everyone seems to have 15k on there TT's, granted they are not Fox's but it's something I wonder about.

Ironman;

Welcome aboard and great TT choice. Why not ask current AF owners on their forum:
http://www.afnash.com  Good luck

Saltfevr
Magna, Utah
Union Bus Operator

i'm still waiting on them to get back with me on registration.  Maybe I don't fit the critiria, lol

If the trailer has 50 amp service you could always move the 13.5K AC unit up to the bedroom and install a new 15K AC for the LR area.  Kill two birds with one stone.  Only thing I did not like about our AF was the cheap interior materials.

Donn, thanks for telling me about that.  I've been in a Montana, new, around here, and the quality of those is what i only have to go on, sonce, of course every sales man says it way better then a Montana, no comparison to be exact.  Was it the fabric, or flooring, i'm verycurious now

Donn, one more, i'm assuming you guys have a 13.5 ac unit, or maybe not, if you do, can I ask how well it keep up in the hotter area of the country?

Our Fox was a model 19B, so the 13.5K AC unit was way more than necessary.  Our current fiver is 35-1/2 feet with three slide outs and one 15K AC is not enough in hot weather.  We installed a second 13.5K AC last year in the bed room.  But have not had a need for it yet.
What I found cheap in out Fox was the upholstery material, and the seating foam.  While it looked really good at first when sitting at the dinette for instance the foam would sag really fast and you felt the plywood after just a few minutes.  I still think the Fox is one of the better built trailers currently in production.  Good insulation and attention to detail.  They just skimp on some things.  Luckily those things can be fixed easily and cheaply as necessary.

Before trading it in on a motorhome, we had an AF 5er. The slide was making noises it shouldn't, and a local large dealer took a look at it. The conclusion was basically, yeah, we can fix it, but any future problems may not be covered. They suggested getting in touch with the factory. I did that and set up an appointment - drove from central Arizona to the factory in Oregon. Stayed that night in a nice CG only a couple of miles from them, arrived at 8AM, and they had me on my way before closing time. The whole slide was apparently sitting in the opening crooked and it was causing the rack and pinion gears to bind. The fix was just what was needed- never any more problems. I was impressed with the way the whole thing was handled and AF's reputation for quality and service is well deserved. True, it should not have happened in the first place, but since it did, they took care of it.

Thanks Donn on the info!  The models i'm looking at are the 25p, 26x, and 29v.  I kinda figure the 13.5 on the 25p would be fine, but not sure on the other 2 models.  And I talked to Scott in sales at the factory the other day and they just had a run of 26x's come off the line so they wouldnt be able to put 50 amp service in one until they did them again, in august or september  :'( 

Also thanks to arcticfox2005.  Good to hear + experiences from the factory!

Back
Top Bottom