1000 Trails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patngin

Would like some info on what people think of the Zone deal at 1000 Trails. Anybody here use it. If you are not familiar thats ok but it seems OK to me. It is $499 a year per zone.
Stay up to 14 days and have to spend 7 out. After 30 days you pay $3 per day. Other than that I don't think there are any other restrictions. For me living in Washington there
are quite a few places. Only 1 in Nevada and about the same in Arizona but Wash and Ore there are about 20. To stay there per night for others runs $30 to $45. I would really
like to here from someone who uses it. Thanks

We have a 1000 Trails national membership, so the deal is somewhat different than the Zone type. Washington & Oregon have some pretty decent 1000 Trails parks. 30 days of camping for $499 is $16.64 per day, whereas a non-member would pay about double that in the same park.

The only real issue with a membership camping club like that is whether you will actually use enough days to justify the annual fees. Remember the bill comes every year, whether you decide to go somewhere else or not. Of if something comes up and you can't go, e.g. health, family commitments, work schedule, etc. Make sure you are willing to use those parks every year, for many years, before buying in.

You should also look into buying a resale of a 1000 Trails membership. I bought one from someone else for under $1000 for 50 nights nationwide (57 parks). It was great at first, but then my wife had health problems and we have only had sporadic use for the last 3 years.

The only complaint I have heard is that while you are entitled to stay for free, that ASSUMES that they have a spot open.  More popular campgrounds might not or they might only assign a certain number of their sights to the program.  It only works if they allow you to use it.  It's probably pretty easy to check out whether that still happens or happens in the area where you want to stay.

Thousand Trails parks are now available to RPI Preferred members.  Our RPI membership was around 350 to buy in to the park, and 125 per year for park renewal and 120 per year RPI renewal

While we enjoy the Thousand Trails parks our local favorites that we use several times per year are all RPI Preferred.

Contact me privately for more specific information about our membership, I am not a dealer or seller but I can give you the number of our home park so you can talk to them.

The only time we have ever been denied a reservation was on blocked out weekends and usually only home park members are allowed on those. 

We were put in an unacceptable spot one time and a phone call with photos sent to RPI Preferred customer service solved that problem early the next morning.

Thanks,
Jeff Brown

I too belong to Thousand Trails (National membership)

For less than 40 dollars a MONTH I get full hook up (30 amp only) and Wi-Fi for 2/3 of my winter (20 out of 30 days a month, the remaining 10 I have to spend in another park, County or Federal COE) and 1/3 to 1/2 of my Summer camping (I have a 2nd membership where we spend the rest, it's also less than 40/month)

Where I'm at just now is a Thousand Trails park.. Nearby are TWO KOA parks, at the one with the lowest prices,  the cheapest tent site they have,  NO water, NO sewer, perhaps 20 amps (not sure) may just be a square or rectangle of Grass,, 40/night.

So winter I spend 150/month on camping fees or less, that's not even 3 nights at the cheap site in the KOA.. Oh, full hook up there is like 80/night.

I also have had a national (Platinum Plus) 1000 Trails membership for the last 3 years, and agree with everything said in the above posts. I was able to add RPI for $79/year and use it whenever possible (3 out of the last 4 weeks) as well. By all means look for a resale, either on line or from someone staying in a campground who might have it posted on a bulletin board. We bought ours from an older couple who were leaving the Escapees park in Coarsgold, CA for a retirement community. Start to ask people and you'll soon find one. Some people, for various reasons, may just give you their membership if you pay the transfer fee. If you are able to use it, it's a good deal and we've not yet had a problem getting a campsite.

I had only one time I came into a TT park and had, not exactly a problem finding a site (They had I think 3 open sites, one which I found ideal and in fact if not for an inconsiderate camper would be on today (In this part of the park one water stand serves like 3 or 4 sites, This camper ran to the wrong stand pipe, and instead of using an extension hose ran his fresh water hose across the site so I'd have had to run over his hose backing in)  I'm parked right behind it though. a "Slide in "camper is on that site as I type.

Now the other park I belong to...... There I've often been on the waiting list for a site.  Or just could not get in.

TT parks, The only time I can't get in is when they close for the winter.

Back
Top Bottom