Two-week drive from Argentina to Deadhorse Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder how they plan to navigate through the Darien area of Southern Panama...the Pan-American highway has a LARGE gap in that area! ???

It'll be interesting to see if they've bitten off more than they can chew. For 16,000 miles, they'd have to average about 47.2 mph for that entire distance, 24/7. This includes border crossings, stops to change drivers, fuel stops, etc.

Mexray said:
I wonder how they plan to navigate through the Darien area of Southern Panama...the Pan-American highway has a LARGE gap in that area! ???

There's a ferry that motorists can use to bypass that area.

Glad to see they are going to keep folks updated as to their progress.  I do *NOT* want to be on the highway with such sleep deprived drivers.

The trip has been done but two weeks is really pushing it. If I see those caffeine crazed speed demons pass through I'll give them all the room they need.

I read a book a while back about 2 men that did that trip in a 4 door Chevrolet pickup. They went from Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego in Argentina to ??? Alaska. Really neat story, but I seem to recall it took them 23 or 25 days. Don't remember exactly. I also think their truck was loaded onto a boat in Venezuala and carried to Panama.

As I read, I followed the story using Google Earth. It added an extra dimension to the book. From what I have read about the drive, if its the same start and end, I don't think 2 weeks is possible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom