What to expect at a rally?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reba

Since I am new to the RV life, I am uncertain what to expect at a rally?  And what will be expected of me at a rally, if any?

Depends on what kind of a rally. We have RV Forum rallies that are mostly just a bunch of us getting together at the same place. Some people do a lot of organizing and participating, others just come and enjoy the company. At "official" organization rallies, like FMCA or Good Sam rallies, some people volunteer others just attend and enjoy. It's up to you what you want to do.

Wendy

Many different styles of rallies, depending mostly on the organizer. Some groups organize most everything, have songfests, potluck dinners, etc. Some others may have catered meals, entertainment, golf matches or tours.  A Social Hour (or two) in the late afternoon figures prominently in most rallies, either organized or spontaneous gatherings at somebody' campsite.

Our RV forum rallies tend to be simple in format and more spontaneous - just a bunch of friends getting together at a campground. Someone may suggest going out to dinner or visiting a local attraction, and folks join or not, as they wish.  We generally gather for a Social (Happy) Hour to which folks may bring snacks and treats, and often decide to share a meal, potluck style. At smaller rallies somebody may make a pot of chili  or chowder or BBQ or whatever and bring enough for everybody. An evening  campfire is a feature that many of us enjoy.

If you want to see a day-by-day account of what we did at our Moab rally in May, go to http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=31848.240.  Reply #246 by Betty Brewer on May 8th [about page 8 of the thread] starts the actual commentary once we arrived at the campground.  Previous replies had to do the planning of where and when and who would attend.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom