Maiden voyage 2005 Winnebago Journey 34H

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve N Dee

We just returned from a short weekend maiden voyage in our first class A motorhome. I can't believe what a pleasure it was to drive a diesel pusher as opposed to the 24 year old class C, Minnie Winnie we owned previously!  We had a graduation party to attend about 60 miles from our home in Burbank, CA.  I wanted to find a campground near the graduates home in Corona, CA.  I reviewed some threads in the campground section and found more that one recommendation for Rancho Jurupa Park in Riverside County, which was about 8 miles from where we needed to go.  I went online and got the last site in the park.  Knowing it was the last site available, I figured it wouldn't be the best site in the park, and it wasn't.  But, overall the campground was terrific.  It had a water park, a miniature golf course, a small fishing lake, paddle boat rentals and bicycle rentals.  Not bad for $ 35.00 a night with full hookups.  They have two campgrounds.  Lakeview, which is an older more established park.  Gravel sites with mature shade trees, most all have full hookups.  The newer campground is Cottonwood.  All with concrete pads and most with grass and very young trees that don't yet provide a lot of shade.  But this part of the park is new, very clean and large sites. There are a few where the grass hasn't been planted yet, so they are dirt along side the concrete pad.  That is what we had, but again overall, a nice park (especially if you have kids).  The maiden voyage overall went well.  Our air conditioner didn't work.  I'll have to get it in this week.  It worked when we picked it up 2 weeks ago?  The compressor just wouldn't kick on at all.  I tried the breakers and moving the thermostat switch back and forth, but nothing worked. We also have a few electrical outlets that aren't working, so we'll have these two things looked at. I feel confident that we bought the right floorplan for our wishes.  Looking back it was worth all the time we put in to researching all the various floorplans and models.  I am so glad I found this forum.  I  have learned so much in a very short time.  Thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom