95 Pace Arrow P30 gas will not start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

95pace

I had been having some problems I thought was coming from a bad battery connection.Starter would just click sometimes when I turned switch so I had planned to take everything loose and clean up connections on chasis  battery.After I did this now I just get a click at starter and thats all.I went ahead and replaced this battery with new one today had no idea how old it was ,have had coach for 4 yrs and it was in it when I bought it.This did not help,still clicking noise at starter ,generator will start right up so seems like all connections are good except maybe at starter.All lights ,backup camera everything seems to work but starter.Any ideas would be great.
Thanks 95pace

Are you sure the genny starts off the chassis battery? Mine starts off the house battery.  I just had the same issue, but on the genny, no the engine.  Turned out to be a bad cable from the battery negative terminal to the chassis.  I had cleaned all the connections for the genny starter and had no luck.  More troubleshooting pointed towards a bad battery cable.

Check ALL the connections not only those at the battery itself. The starter connections and solenoid connections are all notorious for these problems. Check the grounds as well.

My diagnosis would be bad connection at the solenoid, bad connection from solenoid to starter, bad solenoid, or bad starter.

Have you tried jumping across the solenoid?

Paul

Had some help today so got up underneath and checked starter cable.Seems that when I took out battery which has to come out through wheel well I got one of the wires crossed over when I put it back.After I found a wiring diagram this was very easy to figure out.I wiggled the wire coming off of starter and my buddy said that wire goes to neg.Problem solved just had to move it the pos side she fired right up.Thanks for the help,was worried I was not going on our trip for the 4th.
95pace
Doug

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom