EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2011 Escapades - Aug 28 to Sep 2 in Gillette, WY - a FRally is forming....  (Read 23939 times)

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • I don't know what I don't know so I look here...
Wendy and I got all carried away tonight at the Virtual Campfire and hatched a framily rally (a frally is the new term) inside the Escapades in Gillette....

We know there a bunch of SKP's (Escapees) here, and probably some wannabe's, so please join us! You do not have to be an Escapee member to attend!

I think Mike has the VW modified for some better off the beaten path trips, and that, in its own right, will be worth the price of admission.

We go, we meet, we eat and take pictures....what's not to like? Neither of us has made an Escapade so this has to be good!

Be there or be square!

http://www.escapees.com/escapade/2011/
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:36:47 PM by skyking4ar2 »
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913
----------------------------------
2012 Thor Damon Tuscany 42RQ
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
Wanderlust RV Park, Eureka Springs, AR

Tom and Margi

• ---
FRally .... I love it!  Why haven't we ever thought of this before?  It's perfect!

Margi

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
Marlene and I love FRALLY also. The Escapade Frally sounds interesting, we've enjoyed Gillette. We are not members of SKP, so would want to make sure that the Frally gets critical mass before we commit and join SKP and pay for the rally. As members of Passport America, the PA membership fee (as well as Woodalls, 1000 Trails and a few affiliations) is only $10 more than the non-member rally surcharge so we'd probably join. Who else?
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Great idea, Kim & Christi!

As usual, I'm on the Sound Crew at the Escapade, so I'll be there!  I'm supposed to arrive at the fairgrounds on the 25th, a couple of days early, to help with the setup.  I'll be leaving on Friday, along with everyone else.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:21:19 AM by Lou Schneider »

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Christi was in the dark on this - Wendy's the instigator....   :o

It was a Thelma and Louise thing during the Virtual Campfire... 8) We got caught up in the moment....
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Wendy's the instigator....   :o

It was a Thelma and Louise thing during the Virtual Campfire... 8) We got caught up in the moment....

Doesn't take much to get some of us excited  ;D   Or maybe it was too much wine?

In any event, we expect to be there, along with Thelma....or are you Louise?

Wendy
off to finish loading up the coach for the Oregon trip

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

M. Snow

We have been lurking the forum for a couple of years but are going fulltime in Sept. and will be at the Escapades in Gillette. We would enjoy meeting some of you in person if it can be arranged.
Mike & Marji Snow
08 American Tradition 42F
GMC Sierra 4x4 Quad cab
Denver until September then Full time!
Escapees
1000 trails

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Well, Mike, last year at this time we had just taken delivery of our motorhome and become Escapees. We went full time last August and have not looked back.

Welcome, and we hope you will join us in Gillette! Stay tuned as we tighten up the "frally" plans.

Glad you came out of the shadows!

Kim
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
No doubt one of us will post where we are and what time the Happy Hour celebration is. And if you don't come, we'll come find you ! You really can't hide when there's Framily around :)

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

AZ Randy1

• ---
Put us down as very definite maybe, probably, possibly, more likely than not, but not yet totally committed (actually about 79.8675390876% committed). Maybe I need to be committed?

Randy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Either that or work on some simpler math....you're in!!
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

AZ Randy1

• ---
Thanks, Kim. I'm looking forward (at least 79.8675390876%) to seeing you there.

Randy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Step away from the slide rule, sir, and keep your hands where I can see 'em....

Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
Does the slide rule???  ::) ;D
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL
  de N8GGG

AZ Randy1

• ---
Not only does the slide rule, but the numbers never lie.

And Kim, how in the world could you possibly have known that I still use a slide rule? And even if I did step away from it, it would take super powers for you to see my hands, and my slide rule, from wherever you are. Unless the Man of Steel was not really Clark Kent in his every day guise but is really Kim Bertram. Any confessions to make? Or maybe I should just ask Christi about you occasionally disappearing just when a meteor inexplicably changes course to avoid collision with the earth or when a woman who has never flown an airplane before is able to land it safely after her pilot husband has a heart attack.

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Slide rule accuracy would have made your answer 80% (2 significant digits).

79.8675390876% is the answer you'd get from an electronic calculator that doesn't round off insignificant digits.

Busted.   ;)

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
With a good eye you can get 3 significant digits from a slide rule.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
We're are trying to figure out how to make this rally. After Madison we have to go to Chicago to see family and I want to see the Air/Water show and then we want to stop and see Russ for a while. Depends on how much time we spend in Chicago.

ken

Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
OK,

We worked out our schedule and we are now signed up.

Randy, figure it out. VBG

Ken
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:12:48 PM by Ken & Sheila »
Ken & Sheila

AZ Randy1

• ---
I only have to figure out 20.1324609124%. So that should be doable, Ken.

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
I only have to figure out 20.1324609124%. So that should be doable, Ken.

That means you haven't made any progress in 3 weeks. I at least thought you would be up to 89.1564875125% by now.

ken

Ken & Sheila

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Dammit Randy, just sign up and attend. If you don't, we'll spend the whole week talking about YOU !

Wendy
home in Cortez
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

AZ Randy1

• ---
Wendy,

I have signed up, I will be there but, knowing you, you'll talk about me anyway.

And Ken, I made it to 100%. Being a numbers guy, I know how much that must mean to you.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Wendy,

I have signed up, I will be there but, knowing you, you'll talk about me anyway.

Cool. Now just look at all the other Forumites we can talk about who aren't going to be there. Guess we'll have to talke about you some other time. :)

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

AZ Randy1

• ---
Since there will be a few of us in attendance, is there some way we can get sites close together without all arriving at the same time, or is that rule hard and fast? If it's soft and slow, maybe the first rig in can make arrangements for the rest of us to be close by. We'll be arriving some time late Sunday morning the 28th.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Since there will be a few of us in attendance, is there some way we can get sites close together without all arriving at the same time, or is that rule hard and fast? If it's soft and slow, maybe the first rig in can make arrangements for the rest of us to be close by. We'll be arriving some time late Sunday morning the 28th.

If it's like FMCA and Good Sam, they park ya as ya arrive, smack dab next to the guy who got there right before you. We're getting there early, arriving on Friday. Planning on a day trip to Devil's Tower on Saturday.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Escapade parking is very much park them in a line as they arrive.  No saving spaces.  The only way to park together is to caravan to the fairgrounds so you're all in line together.  Several groups do this every year.

I'll be arriving on Thursday and I'll be in the staff parking area (wherever that is this year) so let me know where y'all wind up!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:00:38 PM by Lou Schneider »

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro

If it's like FMCA and Good Sam, they park ya as ya arrive, smack dab next to the guy who got there right before you. We're getting there early, arriving on Friday. Planning on a day trip to Devil's Tower on Saturday.

Wendy

Are you parking in general or handicapped? How far from Gillette is Devil's Tower (got my answer-65 miles)?  I had been thinking of stopping there on the way to Gillette. Not sure how much time is needed there.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

AZ Randy1

• ---
I know that everyone is parked as they arrive. What I was asking is when people were arriving so that maybe some of us could meet somewhere in, or near, Gillette and caravan in order to be parked together.

• Forum Staff
  • ---
I certainly am open to that...now I gotta get a slide rule and figure out which day that is...
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
If we're going in with a group, we'll park in regular electric. If we go in before everyone else, we'll park in handicapped. Where are you parking?

We thought Devil's Tower would be a good day trip, I don't think it's a long visit place but we've never been there. Maybe they show Close Encounters of the Third Kind on large screen in front of the Tower ?

I've got the slide rule in hand but can't figure out where to put the decimal point to get the correct time/day.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Devil's Tower is a good day trip from Gillette.  I don't remember a big screen (g) but there is a visitor's center, an easy trail about 1.3 miles long that circumnavigates the base, several other trails in the vicinity and a driving tour of the area. One of the places the entry road goes by is a large prairie dog city in a meadow.   Not much in the immediate vicinity of the park except for a fairly large gift shop, restaurant and RV park just outside the park gate. There's also a campground inside the Monument and a KOA a few miles further away that shows CEotTK nightly.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:02:48 PM by Lou Schneider »

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
If we're going in with a group, we'll park in regular electric. If we go in before everyone else, we'll park in handicapped. Where are you parking?

Like you it depends on whether we go in alone or with a group. We're open to either, prefer group, but likely won't enter till Sunday.

We thought Devil's Tower would be a good day trip, I don't think it's a long visit place but we've never been there. Maybe they show Close Encounters of the Third Kind on large screen in front of the Tower ?

Marlene is not up to a 125 mile round trip drive. It's a minor detour so we may stop on the way, spend the nite at the campground, and drive on in. Maybe meet you on Saturday at the Tower. They have a ranger talk at 9:30AM and ranger tours on the schedule.

Wendy
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

• Forum Staff
  • ---
For what it is worth, our plans are very flexible and we can be anywhere any day, early or what, to meet up and park together. Just need a flight plan.
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
For what it is worth, our plans are very flexible and we can be anywhere any day, early or what, to meet up and park together. Just need a flight plan.

Since you and Wendy started this whole thing, I guess you're the pilot ;D

We're very flexible also.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Well, sounds like I need to take command, Bernie! Let me get that ready and post this weekend.
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
Re Sunday,

I think they close parking at 2 PM.
I don't know about our timing yet.

ken

Ken & Sheila

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
From the Escapees website:
  • Arrive between the hours of 8:00 am and 2:00 pm. No RVs can be parked after 2:00 pm.
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Ok, Frally Folks....

I just looked at my reservation and my arrival date is on Friday, August 26. I think possibly Wendy was coming in on that date, as well.

So I will find a common rally point near/in Gillette, and those who would be interested in parking with us can do so. I will start keeping an arrival/attendee  list, also.

I think we would want to get in line to park some time no later than 10AM, but we can flex that.

Attendee List                              Confirmed/Maybe          Arrival Date

Kim & Christi Bertram                  Confirmed                       Friday, Aug 26

Hope to see you there!

Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
Ken & Sheila - Confirmed - Sunday, Aug 28
Ken & Sheila

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
Bernie & Marlene - Confirmed - Sunday, Aug 28
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

• Forum Staff
  • ---

Attendee List                               Confirmed/Maybe           Arrival Date
=========                                ==============       ========

Kim & Christi Bertram                  Confirmed                       Friday, Aug 26
Ken & Sheila Kuch                       Confirmed                       Sunday, Aug 28
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin              Confirmed                       Sunday, Aug 28

Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Mike & Wendy Lawrence - confirmed - Friday, Aug 26
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

AZ Randy1

• ---
Debby and Randy will be arriving Sunday AM and can meet the rest of the Sunday group anywhere that's convenient between 11 and 12 o'clock, or we can just all park wherever they put us and find one another inside. We're in Belle Fourche, SD now and will be for the next two weeks. We went to Devil's Tower today. A couple of hours in the park would probably be enough time for most. If you get there between Sunday and Thursday, you should be able to get one of the campsites in the park suitable for a big rig. There were plenty of sites available this afternoon and there is, as Lou said, a KOA just outside the park.

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
Sheila and I have to cancel coming to Gillette. My stepmother was taken to the hospital in Chicago last Saturday night. As of today she is still in the ICU and while improving it is going to be a while. At this time we need to be here.

Hope you all have a great time.

ken
Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Ken,

Sorry to hear about your stepmother, but obviously one advantage of being mobile is that you can change directions to suit the situation.

I am sure she will be glad to have you there as she recovers. Great to hear that she continues to improve.

Kim
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
We should reach Hart Ranch tomorrow and spend 3 nites on the way to Gillette. Leaving Saturday morning, we may head up to Devil's Tower and boondock for the nite, heading into Gillette on Sunday morning. Anyone else going to be around those times and places?
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

Brother Bill

• ---
This really sounds like a good time, but we're not scheduled to reach Gillette until Sept. 4th. Chances are that we'll be on the fly in any event, maybe just time for an overnight stop. Are there any other campgrounds near Gillette that anyone might recommend?
Bill & Joan
Breeze, Bandit, & Precious
Kansas City, MO
95 Dutch Star

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Bernie,

Wendy is forming a day trip to Devil's Tower (and I thought she said you were in the loop) on Saturday and we will be on that junket. We arrive Friday morning.

Bill,

We are currently in Deer Park, in Buffalo, WY, some 75 miles south and west of Gillette, and think it is the bees' knees. Have five or six other Escapees already here so we are already tuning up for the big soiree. We are really enjoying it!
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
We're in the middle of the Colorado mountains, enjoying the afternoon thunderstorms. We're staying tomorrow night at a PA park south of Cheyenne that has a restaurant that has the best burgers (according to Bobby Flay) and will arrive in Gillette Friday. Saturday we're going to Devil's Tower with whomever else wants to visit the alien landing site :) . Bernie, maybe we can meet up there somewhere?

Looking forward to having a great time.

Wendy
p.s. Betty B, there are TWO Thai restaurants in Poncha Springs if you're ever passing through that little central Colorado town. Wasn't lunch time so we didn't try them out.
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

AZ Randy1

• ---
Anyone heading west on I-90 past Rapid City looking for a place to spend a day or few before heading to Gillette may want to consider Wyatt's Hideaway (50% off for Escapees) 10 miles north of Spearfish just outside of Belle Fourche. We've been in the park for the last three days and found 3 other coaches here heading to the rally. It's an easy ride to Devil's Tower from here.

Randy

Jim Godward

• ---
We should reach Hart Ranch tomorrow and spend 3 nites on the way to Gillette. Leaving Saturday morning, we may head up to Devil's Tower and boondock for the nite, heading into Gillette on Sunday morning. Anyone else going to be around those times and places?

The park near Devils tower in the park is nice for a night or so.  we enjoyed it 2 years ago.
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
I forgot to mention. If you are willing to listen to a sales pitch, hopefully short, you can stay at Hart Ranch for 3 nites for $40 with full hookups. We're taking advantage.

Bernie, maybe we can meet up there somewhere?
Wendy, hopefully there is decent cell phone coverage at Devil's Tower. I'll try calling you when we get there.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:52:59 AM by BernieD »
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

AZ Randy1

• ---
If you happen to have RPI, you can stay at Hart Ranch for $10/night with no sales pitch.

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
If you happen to have RPI, you can stay at Hart Ranch for $10/night with no sales pitch.

Don't have RPI so I'll have to pay $13.33/nite plus sales pitch. The pitch may go very quickly, we're not happy enough here to even consider it. It's out in the middle of nowhere and too many things you can and can't do.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
The pitch may go very quickly

In and out in less than 10 minutes. :)
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

llib enad

• ---
Raymonda and I are in Rapid City at the Elks and will be leaving this morning to Gillette.  Maybe we will be able to connect with the group.

Bill Dane
99 CC Allure

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
I'm sitting in front of a repair shop in Gillette.  The famous Ford F53 fuel pump that goes out at around 50,000 miles did so yesterday - the rig stopped running at 50,025 miles about 10 miles east of Gillette.

The replacement pump is supposed to come in this morning, with luck they'll be able to drop the tank and get it installed today.

Oh well ...  it's only money.

AZ Randy1

• ---
I'm sorry to hear of your mechanical problems, Lou. We look forward to seeing you, and your new pump, on Sunday.

Randy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
We are here!!

Site C-25 in Boxelder is where we are...look for the lighted pink flamingo!
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Lou,

I sent my phone number in an email - let me know if we can chauffeur you anywhere - not any trouble and why we came early!

Kim
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
We are here!!...look for the lighted pink flamingo!

You are killing me. I love pink flamingoes!

Betty
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Thanks for the offer, Kim - but I have a toad with me.  I'm just staying here until they get started on the repair - they were supposed to get started first thing this morning but the mechanic is finishing up another job first.

The parts are here, but if it gets much later (it's 11:20 now) I'm going to suggest rescheduling the work for the Monday after the Escapade.  I'm pretty sure I can limp across town to Camplex and back if I have to.

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Just for Betty!

Mardi Gras is different with a flamingo...

Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Just for Betty!

Awhhhh shucks.  Thanks for the  photos.   Have fun at the FRally.
Betty
In Idaho,
Kayaking, rafting, gardening and sitting
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
WE'RE HERE.

We're in A-49 in Marque.

No pink flamingoes but there's a cute yellow VW parked in front and Tigger in the windshield.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

• Forum Staff
  • ---
We just came back from the obligatory Walmart run and will snooze a few - meet at your rig at 5:00 and then pick dinner? (that's RV time - it can move in any direction, based on you!)
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Lou - Want to join us for dinner? I think we're going to a Bbq place, Pokey's Smokehouse and Bbq. Or maybe you have a recommendation? It's our first time in Gillette.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
With the 92° temperature and rain forecast for tomorrow, I think we'll forego Devil's Tower tomorrow and head straight to Gillette and power.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
We just came back from the obligatory Walmart run and will snooze a few - meet at your rig at 5:00 and then pick dinner? (that's RV time - it can move in any direction, based on you!)

Read this after our Walmart trip. Mike says 5:00 is ok.
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
With the 92° temperature and rain forecast for tomorrow, I think we'll forego Devil's Tower tomorrow and head straight to Gillette and power.

What rain? Weatherbug says 20% chance of t-storms in the afternoon which is what we've had every day, everywhere, since we left home on Monday.

The power at Camplex is doing it's best to keep the coach at 83 degrees. The big Camplex sign at the end of our row says it's 95 outside. Ugh. A few rain showers would be delightful.

Are you parking Handicapped or regular? Lots of space in the H/C area we're in.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

• Forum Staff
  • ---

Read this after our Walmart trip. Mike says 5:00 is ok.

New time is 5:00 - we will come by and pick you up - Enterprise style   8)
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Kim & Christi and Mike & Wendy started the Escapade FRally with dinner at Pokey's Bbq. Now we're finishing the day off with a big ole thunderstorm. Good news is the rain is cooling the temperature down form the earlier 97 degrees.

Restaurant picture attached, sorry, but the food was all gone (except what's in Christi's "to go" container).

FYI, this is Kim & Christi's first big rally ! Laissez les bon temps roulez !

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Hi Wendy -

I didn't get out of the repair shop until almost 5 PM - by the time I found someone here at the Escapade to show me to my space and got parked it was after 6.  Sorry I missed the dinner - I wound up eating at the Great Wall Chinese Buffet and grill north of the freeway behind McDonald's.  Everything was fine until the 4 tour busses full of Chinese tourists all showed up together - then it was bedlam.

I'm in Space C-12 in the Staff area in the Reata RV Park, directly north of the Heritage Center building.

The fuel pump is fixed, along with a new starter.  Now all I have to do is pay down the Visa card.   :(

Saturday morning I have to look at the Main Room sound setup - I think I'm free after that.

One place that looked interesting while I was driving around town was the Mexican Buffet restaurant across the street from Wal-Mart.  Jerry and Joanne Nelson (sound chairmen) said the Hibachi Sushi Buffet in the old Golden Corral building a little further south on Douglas was nothing special.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:50:36 AM by Lou Schneider »

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
We just arrived and are parked in Handicapped, A44, about 5 rigs up from Wendy & Mike. I hate this heat, might as well be home in AZ :( . Luckily, we have 50A and have both A/Cs running full blast.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

Jim Godward

• ---
Bernie,

I guess someone forgot to tell you about the summer temperatures in eastern WY and MT.  90s are typical but "it's a dry heat".   :)

We were in Billings earlier this week and had the pleasure of those tempreatures but we bought the heat back home to Belgrade and we are not used to it at all even if it is a dry heat!!   :'(
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

• Forum Staff
  • ---
In today's episode of the FRally, which took place enroute to Devil's Tower National Monument, Mike is explaining the fine art of geocaching to our Southern belle, Christi...good times!
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
I guess someone forgot to tell you about the summer temperatures in eastern WY and MT.  90s are typical but "it's a dry heat".   :)

The temperature wasn't unexpected but I'd rather be plugged into 50A than boondocking when it is that hot. We were hoping for some more moderate temperatures to boondock overnite at DT.

{quote}We were in Billings earlier this week and had the pleasure of those tempreatures but we bought the heat back home to Belgrade and we are not used to it at all even if it is a dry heat!!   :'(

Hope all the news at Billings was good news.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

Jim Godward

• ---
Hope all the news at Billings was good news.

Yes and no, Pat will have surgery on Sept. 9 but it should fix the problem, at least the critical one.  There may be more issues in the spine/neck but they are minor compared to this one.  We will be in Billings from about Sept. 7 to 15.  The hospital has 30 amp hookups, no water or sewer so if it is hot, we will go to a park.  Monday the temperature got to about 100 and the one AC kept the MH to about 83° or so.
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

AZ Randy1

• ---
We're at the FRally and parked in Marque C-43. Where are all y'all (the y'all was for that southern belle Wendy--and I guess Christi, as well)?

Randy

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Mike and Wendy are in Marque A-49, Bernie and Marlene are in Marque A-44.  I'm across the street in Reata space C-12.  Kim and Christie are on the other side of the fairgrounds, Boxelder C-25.

Good entertainment tonight in the main room - comedian Jimmy Travis at 7:45, preceded by announcements and door prizes starting at 7:00 (must be present to win).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:22:36 PM by Lou Schneider »

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Spent a busy morning visiting the vendor booths, getting SKP hugs and chatting with SKPs about the BOFs (Birds of a Feather aka Chapters) and signing up for crafts. Now we're off to the First Timers seminar and then opening ceremonies.

And the best news is that it's only 87 degrees outside and the electric is keeping all these A/Cs running.

Enjoy
Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Well, Bernie made the "must be present to win" thing work for him the other night and he will treat us all with his steak dinner certificate...this size of this group may limit us to one bite each, but, hey, it's steak and it's free!

So I am thinking since we don't have to be present to win tonight, we should shuffle out to dinner (even if we don't eat Bernie's steak)???

I will need a break from class - I feel like I am back in the university...
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Special kudos to Roadmaster who snuck by my rig while I was in class, inspected my tow bar, cleaned and lubed it, and left a note in the door, all at their own initiative.

I really like that and will make that well known to them! (Terry Brewer has the right idea about getting things done at rallies...I learned well, Master...)
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
No door prize winners last night but WOW, what a storm ! Now I see that we're under a Fire Weather Warning.

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Now I see that we're under a Fire Weather Warning.

Neither one of us smoke - we're good!
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

AZ Randy1

• ---
The Bertrams, Lawarences and Sherows all enjoyed a Chinese dinner this evening along with the rest of The Boomers--except for the Dobrins who refused to join in the fun. Six o'clock dinner is just too late for them. Unlike the rest of us, they must be getting old.

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
(Terry Brewer has the right idea about getting things done at rallies...I learned well, Master...)

Terry said, " AS you should Grasshopper."
Betty Brewer

see where we are

MikeCoke

• ---
    • Mike and Wendy's RV Travels
Here we are at the SKP Boomer dinner at the China King Buffet.
Mike
Mike, Wendy & Gordon our Yellow Lab
2015 Tiffin Allegro 31SA with Inverter & Generator and soon to have Solar Panels
Toad 1973 Yellow VW Beetle
Retired NPS Ranger

MikeCoke

• ---
Here are 2 pic take of Devil's Tower a few days ago.
The first pic is a pano taken with Wendy's iPhone with the 360 pano App the auto stitches. I did crop it to clean up the edges.
The other pic was taken with my phone.
Last pic was taken in the Visitors Center parking lot.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:54:19 AM by MikeCoke »
2015 Tiffin Allegro 31SA with Inverter & Generator and soon to have Solar Panels
Retired NPS Ranger

MikeCoke

• ---
At tonights door prize drawings Wendy won a Jack Daniel's Birthday box that has a JD hat & 750mls of Jack Daniel's.
See, it pays to go to the evening entertainment and door prizes ! I don’t drink whiskey so we might save it for Quartzsite - you all coming? << this is Wendy speaking. Me I think JD & Coke make a graet drink I guess we'll see.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:19:08 PM by MikeCoke »
Retired NPS Ranger

Bob Maxwell

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smile, and the world smiles with you . . .
    • The American Southwest
Two years ago I brought the Turkey so it's time for a virtual Campfire Host to bring Black Jack! ;-)
Adiós. . .

Bob †
and wife Betty Font 

. . . still ridin' for the brand.

1994 Suncruiser 34RQ, Cummins 5.9L/230 Allison 3060
'08 Kia Spectra5,
FMCA SKP

Holbrook AZ, west of the Petrified Forrest NP on I-40

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
At tonights door prize drawings Wendy won a Jack Daniel's Birthday box that has a JD hat & 750mls of Jack Daniel's.

I know where happy hour is tomorrow nite ;D ;D

See, it pays to go to the evening entertainment and door prizes !

But you only stayed for the door prizes. :-\
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
But you only stayed for the door prizes. :-\ 

Ah, but we stayed every other night for the entertainment. So we earned this one :) Besides, my back was hurting from sewing all day so maybe there won't be any JD left for Quartzsite - should be better than asprin :)

Wendy

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Oh, yeah, I also won a $25 gift certificate from Big O Tires (valve stems for the VW) and 3 nights at the SKP park in Coarsegold. Life is good.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

AZ Randy1

• ---
After getting you a free month of camping at Harvest Hosts, my dear Wendy, I thought that you might be willing to at least share a little of your good fortune with a friend who likes Jack-------especially since I like it with "The Real Thing"!!!!!

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
Re: 2011 Escapades - Aug 28 to Sep 2 in Gillette, WY - a FRally is forming....
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2011, 06:58:08 AM »
JD and Coke is a waste of good whiskey.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

AZ Randy1

• ---
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2011, 09:17:14 AM »
Some would argue that it's a waste of good Coke!!

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2011, 10:32:49 AM »
Some would argue that it's a waste of good Coke!!

I would be one of those ! Too bad Bernie already used his WalMart gift certificate or I would have offered to trade :)

Wendy
off to finish sewing adaptive clothing then to the Picasa seminar - now if we only knew where we're going tomorrow ???
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2011, 05:42:02 PM »
HAPPY HOUR tomorrow at 4 pm in the Marque campground. The Jack Daniels will be opened and we can all toast Mike's initiation into the Elks !

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2011, 08:57:19 PM »
Congratulations on joining.  May you save many dollars in camping fees and donate them all to the various clubs where you stay.  I find they are next to Walmart in total cost.  Fees, meals, a few drinks and a donation to their favorite charity really adds up!   :)
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

AZ Randy1

• ---
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2011, 10:23:56 AM »
Wendy,

Should we bring ice and cups or would you like to bring your bottle over to our site?

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2011, 10:25:07 AM »
May you save many dollars in camping fees and donate them all to the various clubs where you stay.   :)

I like that.
~W
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »
Should we bring ice and cups or would you like to bring your bottle over to our site?

We can bring the bottle over if we can walk that far :)

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2011, 10:34:35 AM »
Good times! The picture taking part of Happy Hour should be an event in its own right!

We'll be there!
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2011, 10:56:58 AM »
Mike will bring the Coca-Cola :)  And I've got some Coca-Cola paper cups I'll bring.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2011, 11:41:29 AM »
Randy

Fill up your ice maker, we'll see you at 4.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

AZ Randy1

• ---
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2011, 02:16:42 PM »
Great! Throw a couple of chairs in the car. It should be nice enough to sit outside. If not, we'll squeeze inside. And where are Kim, Christi, and Lou Schneider?

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2011, 04:24:24 PM »
OK, Pipe down about the fun your having. I hate it when I'm not there! BG

ken
Ken & Sheila

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2011, 04:41:54 PM »
Great! Throw a couple of chairs in the car.

CAR!! CAR!!! I can see your coach from my desk. What's wrong with walking?? :o :o
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2011, 09:51:46 PM »
After Wendy graciously shared her Escapade spoils (Jack Daniels) at the Happy Hour at Randy's coach, a group went on to Chinese buffet dinner, including Lou, Bernie and Marlene, Randy and Debby, Christi and I, and confessed Forum lurkers and fellow Escapees, Jody and Bill.

Obviously a good time was had by all, again, with Christi, Debby, and Randy having as much fun as anyone.

If you ever end up in Gillette, this Chinese buffet near McDonalds is possibly the widest ranging buffet we have enjoyed anywhere.

A frally with frood...good times...

Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

AZ Randy1

• ---
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »
Nice picture, Kim. A good time was, indeed, had by all. Now we can begin to look forward to Catalina State Park in December. And Sheila, with all the talking (and that's a nice way to put it) that we did about you, you should feel as though you really were here.

And Jody, if you're lurking and read this: Make a post and get with the program. And by all means come to Catalina and Quartzsite.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »
Today, me and Mike drove a Wildlife & History Tour Loop. Saw lots of birds plus Pronghorn Antelope and 487 cows. Fortunately, the weather is no longer brutally hot, although it is a bit cool.

Any plans for a Grand Finale to the Frally ? Happy Hour? Dinner out?

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2011, 09:03:50 PM »
Christi and I overslept (for us), but still bolted out this afternoon for Mt Rushmore and Deadwood. Christi hung out the window for the Mt Rushmore pictures because she REALLY wanted to visit Deadwood.

Beautiful weather for a drive in the Black Hills.

Happy Hour at the minimum, don't know who is left, and we don't leave until Tues. Might have to draw the line at Chinese, again, but it sure was good!

Maybe a couple more happy hours???
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2011, 09:48:48 PM »
We were waiting but no one seemed to be around. Tomorrow is our last nite here. How about our coach around 4PM?
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2011, 11:14:21 PM »
Bernie,

We will be there!!

Kim & Christi
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913

Hosted by Over The Network