2011 Escapades - Aug 28 to Sep 2 in Gillette, WY - a FRally is forming....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

Moderator Emeritus
Wendy and I got all carried away tonight at the Virtual Campfire and hatched a framily rally (a frally is the new term) inside the Escapades in Gillette....

We know there a bunch of SKP's (Escapees) here, and probably some wannabe's, so please join us! You do not have to be an Escapee member to attend!

I think Mike has the VW modified for some better off the beaten path trips, and that, in its own right, will be worth the price of admission.

We go, we meet, we eat and take pictures....what's not to like? Neither of us has made an Escapade so this has to be good!

Be there or be square!

http://www.escapees.com/escapade/2011/

FRally .... I love it!  Why haven't we ever thought of this before?  It's perfect!

Margi

Marlene and I love FRALLY also. The Escapade Frally sounds interesting, we've enjoyed Gillette. We are not members of SKP, so would want to make sure that the Frally gets critical mass before we commit and join SKP and pay for the rally. As members of Passport America, the PA membership fee (as well as Woodalls, 1000 Trails and a few affiliations) is only $10 more than the non-member rally surcharge so we'd probably join. Who else?

Great idea, Kim & Christi!

As usual, I'm on the Sound Crew at the Escapade, so I'll be there!  I'm supposed to arrive at the fairgrounds on the 25th, a couple of days early, to help with the setup.  I'll be leaving on Friday, along with everyone else.

skyking4ar2 said:
Wendy's the instigator....  :eek:

It was a Thelma and Louise thing during the Virtual Campfire... 8) We got caught up in the moment....

Doesn't take much to get some of us excited  ;D  Or maybe it was too much wine?

In any event, we expect to be there, along with Thelma....or are you Louise?

Wendy
off to finish loading up the coach for the Oregon trip

We have been lurking the forum for a couple of years but are going fulltime in Sept. and will be at the Escapades in Gillette. We would enjoy meeting some of you in person if it can be arranged.

Well, Mike, last year at this time we had just taken delivery of our motorhome and become Escapees. We went full time last August and have not looked back.

Welcome, and we hope you will join us in Gillette! Stay tuned as we tighten up the "frally" plans.

Glad you came out of the shadows!

Kim

No doubt one of us will post where we are and what time the Happy Hour celebration is. And if you don't come, we'll come find you ! You really can't hide when there's Framily around :)

Wendy

Put us down as very definite maybe, probably, possibly, more likely than not, but not yet totally committed (actually about 79.8675390876% committed). Maybe I need to be committed?

Randy

Thanks, Kim. I'm looking forward (at least 79.8675390876%) to seeing you there.

Randy

Not only does the slide rule, but the numbers never lie.

And Kim, how in the world could you possibly have known that I still use a slide rule? And even if I did step away from it, it would take super powers for you to see my hands, and my slide rule, from wherever you are. Unless the Man of Steel was not really Clark Kent in his every day guise but is really Kim Bertram. Any confessions to make? Or maybe I should just ask Christi about you occasionally disappearing just when a meteor inexplicably changes course to avoid collision with the earth or when a woman who has never flown an airplane before is able to land it safely after her pilot husband has a heart attack.

Slide rule accuracy would have made your answer 80% (2 significant digits).

79.8675390876% is the answer you'd get from an electronic calculator that doesn't round off insignificant digits.

Busted.  ;)

With a good eye you can get 3 significant digits from a slide rule.

We're are trying to figure out how to make this rally. After Madison we have to go to Chicago to see family and I want to see the Air/Water show and then we want to stop and see Russ for a while. Depends on how much time we spend in Chicago.

ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom