2011 Escapades - Aug 28 to Sep 2 in Gillette, WY - a FRally is forming....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AZ Randy1 said:
I only have to figure out 20.1324609124%. So that should be doable, Ken.

That means you haven't made any progress in 3 weeks. I at least thought you would be up to 89.1564875125% by now.

ken

Dammit Randy, just sign up and attend. If you don't, we'll spend the whole week talking about YOU !

Wendy
home in Cortez

Wendy,

I have signed up, I will be there but, knowing you, you'll talk about me anyway.

And Ken, I made it to 100%. Being a numbers guy, I know how much that must mean to you.

AZ Randy1 said:
Wendy,

I have signed up, I will be there but, knowing you, you'll talk about me anyway.

Cool. Now just look at all the other Forumites we can talk about who aren't going to be there. Guess we'll have to talke about you some other time. :)

Wendy

Since there will be a few of us in attendance, is there some way we can get sites close together without all arriving at the same time, or is that rule hard and fast? If it's soft and slow, maybe the first rig in can make arrangements for the rest of us to be close by. We'll be arriving some time late Sunday morning the 28th.

AZ Randy1 said:
Since there will be a few of us in attendance, is there some way we can get sites close together without all arriving at the same time, or is that rule hard and fast? If it's soft and slow, maybe the first rig in can make arrangements for the rest of us to be close by. We'll be arriving some time late Sunday morning the 28th.

If it's like FMCA and Good Sam, they park ya as ya arrive, smack dab next to the guy who got there right before you. We're getting there early, arriving on Friday. Planning on a day trip to Devil's Tower on Saturday.

Wendy

Escapade parking is very much park them in a line as they arrive.  No saving spaces.  The only way to park together is to caravan to the fairgrounds so you're all in line together.  Several groups do this every year.

I'll be arriving on Thursday and I'll be in the staff parking area (wherever that is this year) so let me know where y'all wind up!

Wendy said:
If it's like FMCA and Good Sam, they park ya as ya arrive, smack dab next to the guy who got there right before you. We're getting there early, arriving on Friday. Planning on a day trip to Devil's Tower on Saturday.

Wendy

Are you parking in general or handicapped? How far from Gillette is Devil's Tower (got my answer-65 miles)?  I had been thinking of stopping there on the way to Gillette. Not sure how much time is needed there.

I know that everyone is parked as they arrive. What I was asking is when people were arriving so that maybe some of us could meet somewhere in, or near, Gillette and caravan in order to be parked together.

If we're going in with a group, we'll park in regular electric. If we go in before everyone else, we'll park in handicapped. Where are you parking?

We thought Devil's Tower would be a good day trip, I don't think it's a long visit place but we've never been there. Maybe they show Close Encounters of the Third Kind on large screen in front of the Tower ?

I've got the slide rule in hand but can't figure out where to put the decimal point to get the correct time/day.

Wendy

Devil's Tower is a good day trip from Gillette.  I don't remember a big screen (g) but there is a visitor's center, an easy trail about 1.3 miles long that circumnavigates the base, several other trails in the vicinity and a driving tour of the area. One of the places the entry road goes by is a large prairie dog city in a meadow.  Not much in the immediate vicinity of the park except for a fairly large gift shop, restaurant and RV park just outside the park gate. There's also a campground inside the Monument and a KOA a few miles further away that shows CEotTK nightly.

Wendy said:
If we're going in with a group, we'll park in regular electric. If we go in before everyone else, we'll park in handicapped. Where are you parking?

Like you it depends on whether we go in alone or with a group. We're open to either, prefer group, but likely won't enter till Sunday.

We thought Devil's Tower would be a good day trip, I don't think it's a long visit place but we've never been there. Maybe they show Close Encounters of the Third Kind on large screen in front of the Tower ?

Marlene is not up to a 125 mile round trip drive. It's a minor detour so we may stop on the way, spend the nite at the campground, and drive on in. Maybe meet you on Saturday at the Tower. They have a ranger talk at 9:30AM and ranger tours on the schedule.

Wendy

skyking4ar2 said:
For what it is worth, our plans are very flexible and we can be anywhere any day, early or what, to meet up and park together. Just need a flight plan.

Since you and Wendy started this whole thing, I guess you're the pilot ;D

We're very flexible also.

From the Escapees website:
  • Arrive between the hours of 8:00 am and 2:00 pm. No RVs can be parked after 2:00 pm.

Ok, Frally Folks....

I just looked at my reservation and my arrival date is on Friday, August 26. I think possibly Wendy was coming in on that date, as well.

So I will find a common rally point near/in Gillette, and those who would be interested in parking with us can do so. I will start keeping an arrival/attendee  list, also.

I think we would want to get in line to park some time no later than 10AM, but we can flex that.

Attendee List                              Confirmed/Maybe          Arrival Date

Kim & Christi Bertram                  Confirmed                      Friday, Aug 26

Hope to see you there!

Back
Top Bottom