2011 Escapades - Aug 28 to Sep 2 in Gillette, WY - a FRally is forming....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the offer, Kim - but I have a toad with me.  I'm just staying here until they get started on the repair - they were supposed to get started first thing this morning but the mechanic is finishing up another job first.

The parts are here, but if it gets much later (it's 11:20 now) I'm going to suggest rescheduling the work for the Monday after the Escapade.  I'm pretty sure I can limp across town to Camplex and back if I have to.

skyking4ar2 said:
Just for Betty!

Awhhhh shucks.  Thanks for the  photos.  Have fun at the FRally.
Betty
In Idaho,
Kayaking, rafting, gardening and sitting

WE'RE HERE.

We're in A-49 in Marque.

No pink flamingoes but there's a cute yellow VW parked in front and Tigger in the windshield.

Wendy

Lou - Want to join us for dinner? I think we're going to a Bbq place, Pokey's Smokehouse and Bbq. Or maybe you have a recommendation? It's our first time in Gillette.

Wendy

With the 92? temperature and rain forecast for tomorrow, I think we'll forego Devil's Tower tomorrow and head straight to Gillette and power.

skyking4ar2 said:
We just came back from the obligatory Walmart run and will snooze a few - meet at your rig at 5:00 and then pick dinner? (that's RV time - it can move in any direction, based on you!)

Read this after our Walmart trip. Mike says 5:00 is ok.

BernieD said:
With the 92? temperature and rain forecast for tomorrow, I think we'll forego Devil's Tower tomorrow and head straight to Gillette and power.

What rain? Weatherbug says 20% chance of t-storms in the afternoon which is what we've had every day, everywhere, since we left home on Monday.

The power at Camplex is doing it's best to keep the coach at 83 degrees. The big Camplex sign at the end of our row says it's 95 outside. Ugh. A few rain showers would be delightful.

Are you parking Handicapped or regular? Lots of space in the H/C area we're in.

Wendy

Kim & Christi and Mike & Wendy started the Escapade FRally with dinner at Pokey's Bbq. Now we're finishing the day off with a big ole thunderstorm. Good news is the rain is cooling the temperature down form the earlier 97 degrees.

Restaurant picture attached, sorry, but the food was all gone (except what's in Christi's "to go" container).

FYI, this is Kim & Christi's first big rally ! Laissez les bon temps roulez !

Wendy

Attachments

• 2011 August Pokey's for Dinner.JPG
    2011 August Pokey's for Dinner.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 29
Hi Wendy -

I didn't get out of the repair shop until almost 5 PM - by the time I found someone here at the Escapade to show me to my space and got parked it was after 6.  Sorry I missed the dinner - I wound up eating at the Great Wall Chinese Buffet and grill north of the freeway behind McDonald's.  Everything was fine until the 4 tour busses full of Chinese tourists all showed up together - then it was bedlam.

I'm in Space C-12 in the Staff area in the Reata RV Park, directly north of the Heritage Center building.

The fuel pump is fixed, along with a new starter.  Now all I have to do is pay down the Visa card.  :(

Saturday morning I have to look at the Main Room sound setup - I think I'm free after that.

One place that looked interesting while I was driving around town was the Mexican Buffet restaurant across the street from Wal-Mart.  Jerry and Joanne Nelson (sound chairmen) said the Hibachi Sushi Buffet in the old Golden Corral building a little further south on Douglas was nothing special.

We just arrived and are parked in Handicapped, A44, about 5 rigs up from Wendy & Mike. I hate this heat, might as well be home in AZ :( . Luckily, we have 50A and have both A/Cs running full blast.

Bernie,

I guess someone forgot to tell you about the summer temperatures in eastern WY and MT.  90s are typical but "it's a dry heat".  :)

We were in Billings earlier this week and had the pleasure of those tempreatures but we bought the heat back home to Belgrade and we are not used to it at all even if it is a dry heat!!  :'(

In today's episode of the FRally, which took place enroute to Devil's Tower National Monument, Mike is explaining the fine art of geocaching to our Southern belle, Christi...good times!

Attachments

• DSC_0012 geocaching forum.jpg
    DSC_0012 geocaching forum.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 28
Jim Godward said:
I guess someone forgot to tell you about the summer temperatures in eastern WY and MT.  90s are typical but "it's a dry heat".  :)

The temperature wasn't unexpected but I'd rather be plugged into 50A than boondocking when it is that hot. We were hoping for some more moderate temperatures to boondock overnite at DT.

{quote}We were in Billings earlier this week and had the pleasure of those tempreatures but we bought the heat back home to Belgrade and we are not used to it at all even if it is a dry heat!!  :'(

Hope all the news at Billings was good news.

BernieD said:
Hope all the news at Billings was good news.

Yes and no, Pat will have surgery on Sept. 9 but it should fix the problem, at least the critical one.  There may be more issues in the spine/neck but they are minor compared to this one.  We will be in Billings from about Sept. 7 to 15.  The hospital has 30 amp hookups, no water or sewer so if it is hot, we will go to a park.  Monday the temperature got to about 100 and the one AC kept the MH to about 83? or so.

We're at the FRally and parked in Marque C-43. Where are all y'all (the y'all was for that southern belle Wendy--and I guess Christi, as well)?

Randy

Back
Top Bottom