2011 Escapades - Aug 28 to Sep 2 in Gillette, WY - a FRally is forming....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mike and Wendy are in Marque A-49, Bernie and Marlene are in Marque A-44.  I'm across the street in Reata space C-12.  Kim and Christie are on the other side of the fairgrounds, Boxelder C-25.

Good entertainment tonight in the main room - comedian Jimmy Travis at 7:45, preceded by announcements and door prizes starting at 7:00 (must be present to win).

Spent a busy morning visiting the vendor booths, getting SKP hugs and chatting with SKPs about the BOFs (Birds of a Feather aka Chapters) and signing up for crafts. Now we're off to the First Timers seminar and then opening ceremonies.

And the best news is that it's only 87 degrees outside and the electric is keeping all these A/Cs running.

Enjoy
Wendy

Well, Bernie made the "must be present to win" thing work for him the other night and he will treat us all with his steak dinner certificate...this size of this group may limit us to one bite each, but, hey, it's steak and it's free!

So I am thinking since we don't have to be present to win tonight, we should shuffle out to dinner (even if we don't eat Bernie's steak)???

I will need a break from class - I feel like I am back in the university...

Special kudos to Roadmaster who snuck by my rig while I was in class, inspected my tow bar, cleaned and lubed it, and left a note in the door, all at their own initiative.

I really like that and will make that well known to them! (Terry Brewer has the right idea about getting things done at rallies...I learned well, Master...)

No door prize winners last night but WOW, what a storm ! Now I see that we're under a Fire Weather Warning.

The Bertrams, Lawarences and Sherows all enjoyed a Chinese dinner this evening along with the rest of The Boomers--except for the Dobrins who refused to join in the fun. Six o'clock dinner is just too late for them. Unlike the rest of us, they must be getting old.

skyking4ar2 said:
(Terry Brewer has the right idea about getting things done at rallies...I learned well, Master...)

Terry said, " AS you should Grasshopper."

Here are 2 pic take of Devil's Tower a few days ago.
The first pic is a pano taken with Wendy's iPhone with the 360 pano App the auto stitches. I did crop it to clean up the edges.
The other pic was taken with my phone.
Last pic was taken in the Visitors Center parking lot.

Attachments

• DevilsTowerPano3.jpg
    DevilsTowerPano3.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DevilsTowerPano4.jpg
    DevilsTowerPano4.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 16
  • SunshineDevilsTower.jpg
    SunshineDevilsTower.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 17
At tonights door prize drawings Wendy won a Jack Daniel's Birthday box that has a JD hat & 750mls of Jack Daniel's.
See, it pays to go to the evening entertainment and door prizes ! I don?t drink whiskey so we might save it for Quartzsite - you all coming? << this is Wendy speaking. Me I think JD & Coke make a graet drink I guess we'll see.

Attachments

• WendysDoorPrize.jpg
    WendysDoorPrize.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 19
MikeCoke said:
At tonights door prize drawings Wendy won a Jack Daniel's Birthday box that has a JD hat & 750mls of Jack Daniel's.

I know where happy hour is tomorrow nite ;D ;D

See, it pays to go to the evening entertainment and door prizes !

But you only stayed for the door prizes. :-\

BernieD said:
But you only stayed for the door prizes. :-\ 

Ah, but we stayed every other night for the entertainment. So we earned this one :) Besides, my back was hurting from sewing all day so maybe there won't be any JD left for Quartzsite - should be better than asprin :)

Wendy

Oh, yeah, I also won a $25 gift certificate from Big O Tires (valve stems for the VW) and 3 nights at the SKP park in Coarsegold. Life is good.

Wendy

After getting you a free month of camping at Harvest Hosts, my dear Wendy, I thought that you might be willing to at least share a little of your good fortune with a friend who likes Jack-------especially since I like it with "The Real Thing"!!!!!

AZ Randy1 said:
Some would argue that it's a waste of good Coke!!

I would be one of those ! Too bad Bernie already used his WalMart gift certificate or I would have offered to trade :)

Wendy
off to finish sewing adaptive clothing then to the Picasa seminar - now if we only knew where we're going tomorrow ???

HAPPY HOUR tomorrow at 4 pm in the Marque campground. The Jack Daniels will be opened and we can all toast Mike's initiation into the Elks !

Wendy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom