2011 Escapades - Aug 28 to Sep 2 in Gillette, WY - a FRally is forming....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
skyking4ar2 said:
Attendee List                              Confirmed/Maybe          Arrival Date
=========                                ==============      ========

Kim & Christi Bertram                  Confirmed                      Friday, Aug 26
Ken & Sheila Kuch                      Confirmed                      Sunday, Aug 28
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin              Confirmed                      Sunday, Aug 28

Debby and Randy will be arriving Sunday AM and can meet the rest of the Sunday group anywhere that's convenient between 11 and 12 o'clock, or we can just all park wherever they put us and find one another inside. We're in Belle Fourche, SD now and will be for the next two weeks. We went to Devil's Tower today. A couple of hours in the park would probably be enough time for most. If you get there between Sunday and Thursday, you should be able to get one of the campsites in the park suitable for a big rig. There were plenty of sites available this afternoon and there is, as Lou said, a KOA just outside the park.

Sheila and I have to cancel coming to Gillette. My stepmother was taken to the hospital in Chicago last Saturday night. As of today she is still in the ICU and while improving it is going to be a while. At this time we need to be here.

Hope you all have a great time.

ken

Ken,

Sorry to hear about your stepmother, but obviously one advantage of being mobile is that you can change directions to suit the situation.

I am sure she will be glad to have you there as she recovers. Great to hear that she continues to improve.

Kim

We should reach Hart Ranch tomorrow and spend 3 nites on the way to Gillette. Leaving Saturday morning, we may head up to Devil's Tower and boondock for the nite, heading into Gillette on Sunday morning. Anyone else going to be around those times and places?

This really sounds like a good time, but we're not scheduled to reach Gillette until Sept. 4th. Chances are that we'll be on the fly in any event, maybe just time for an overnight stop. Are there any other campgrounds near Gillette that anyone might recommend?

Bernie,

Wendy is forming a day trip to Devil's Tower (and I thought she said you were in the loop) on Saturday and we will be on that junket. We arrive Friday morning.

Bill,

We are currently in Deer Park, in Buffalo, WY, some 75 miles south and west of Gillette, and think it is the bees' knees. Have five or six other Escapees already here so we are already tuning up for the big soiree. We are really enjoying it!

We're in the middle of the Colorado mountains, enjoying the afternoon thunderstorms. We're staying tomorrow night at a PA park south of Cheyenne that has a restaurant that has the best burgers (according to Bobby Flay) and will arrive in Gillette Friday. Saturday we're going to Devil's Tower with whomever else wants to visit the alien landing site :) . Bernie, maybe we can meet up there somewhere?

Looking forward to having a great time.

Wendy
p.s. Betty B, there are TWO Thai restaurants in Poncha Springs if you're ever passing through that little central Colorado town. Wasn't lunch time so we didn't try them out.

Anyone heading west on I-90 past Rapid City looking for a place to spend a day or few before heading to Gillette may want to consider Wyatt's Hideaway (50% off for Escapees) 10 miles north of Spearfish just outside of Belle Fourche. We've been in the park for the last three days and found 3 other coaches here heading to the rally. It's an easy ride to Devil's Tower from here.

Randy

BernieD said:
We should reach Hart Ranch tomorrow and spend 3 nites on the way to Gillette. Leaving Saturday morning, we may head up to Devil's Tower and boondock for the nite, heading into Gillette on Sunday morning. Anyone else going to be around those times and places?

The park near Devils tower in the park is nice for a night or so.  we enjoyed it 2 years ago.

I forgot to mention. If you are willing to listen to a sales pitch, hopefully short, you can stay at Hart Ranch for 3 nites for $40 with full hookups. We're taking advantage.

Bernie, maybe we can meet up there somewhere?
Wendy, hopefully there is decent cell phone coverage at Devil's Tower. I'll try calling you when we get there.

If you happen to have RPI, you can stay at Hart Ranch for $10/night with no sales pitch.

AZ Randy1 said:
If you happen to have RPI, you can stay at Hart Ranch for $10/night with no sales pitch.

Don't have RPI so I'll have to pay $13.33/nite plus sales pitch. The pitch may go very quickly, we're not happy enough here to even consider it. It's out in the middle of nowhere and too many things you can and can't do.

Raymonda and I are in Rapid City at the Elks and will be leaving this morning to Gillette.  Maybe we will be able to connect with the group.

Bill Dane
99 CC Allure

I'm sitting in front of a repair shop in Gillette.  The famous Ford F53 fuel pump that goes out at around 50,000 miles did so yesterday - the rig stopped running at 50,025 miles about 10 miles east of Gillette.

The replacement pump is supposed to come in this morning, with luck they'll be able to drop the tank and get it installed today.

Oh well ...  it's only money.

I'm sorry to hear of your mechanical problems, Lou. We look forward to seeing you, and your new pump, on Sunday.

Randy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom