The Nathans are Back!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Today Terry & Liliane Nathan arrived at Yellowstone with friends from England. It was wonderful to see them again. They have not changed a bit. They wanted to say hi to all their forum Framily. They will only be here two days and then move on to other locations.

It has been about 10 years since we've seen them but it seemed like yesterday. We relived some of our adventures in 2001 when we toured part of Europe with them.

They will be busy touring Yellowstone tomorrow but we hope to see them again before they leave. We had a lovely dinner at the Old Faithful Inn tonight. Many stories of the past were told, much to the delight of their friends. ;D To listen to their recent adventures in Europe and Africa is fascinating. Even with all their worldly experiences, I think they miss the USA. I know many have had the pleasure of spending time with them. Those that have not are missing a great experience.

I only hope they come back often in the future!!!!

Jim be sure to say hi for Chris and me.

Do say hi from us as well.  We miss seeing them.

They always travel in style, even when they were "roughing it" in one of their Prevosts  ;D

Please pass along hellos from us, I was disappointed we were going to miss them, but other issues prevail. 

Add the Cousins to the list. Its been three years for us and we still tell stories too.

Getting in late on the hellos, and hope you can still get a message to Terry and Lilliane.  Hoping they have another wonderful adventure in the USA.  Sorry we weren't able to see them this time around. 

Daisy

The Nathans left this morning but Terry said he would get on the forum sometime soon. We worked until 6:30 last night and then took in the Ranger talk at the Visitor's Center. We did not expect to see them at all. After the talk it was almost 8:00 so we decided to find something to eat at one of the restaurants. We stopped at the dining room of the Snow Lodge but the line was ridiculous. Then a trip to the Bear Pit to see if there was any room. Low and behold, Terry & Liliane were there with their friends!! We enjoyed another light meal with them and reminisced more about the past years. Then they all came back to our coach for a short time.

This morning we were again surprised to see them walk in to say goodbye. Fortunately, it was early in the morning and we didn't have a lot of customers so we could spend a little time saying farewell. It was sad to see them leave as we don't know when we might see them again. :(

[quote author=Jim Dick]It was sad to see them leave as we don't know when we might see them again.
[/quote]

Understand fully Jim; Terry and Liliane are almost addictive, and wonderful to be around.

We had a lovely visit with the Nathans on Tuesday morning.  All too short!  I gave Terry this web thread so he could read the messages himself and he was delighted to hear from everyone.  Just got a note this morning and they're safely back in the U.K., tired but happy they came and already thinking about shipping their RV over here and doing another go-round, perhaps in 2012.  We hope so!

ArdraF

Dear friends

What fabulous memories were revived when we read all your messages, and which were relived back in July when we made a two week visit to the States, seeing Jim and Pat in Yellowstone, and Gerry and Ardra in LV. 

Everyone remembers where they were on 9/11, and probably Jim and Pat, Liliane and I more than most!  I vividly remember son Michael phoning us in North Wales as we were preparing to board the ferry to Dublin with the news of the first plane going in, then his horror as he described the second just as it was happening.  We sat on that ferry to Dublin mesmerized by the ongoing TV coverage.  We signed the book of remembrance in the US Embassy in Dublin, and one week later as we were driving south went to a church service of remembrance in a small village, where so many people, complete strangers, were all crying and hugging each other.  Not for the first time we have to say how sad it is it takes a tragedy to bring people closer together.

We pray that the anniversary tomorrow passes peacefully, allowing those who lost family and friends to grieve without yet more horror being heaped on them and all of us.

To happier things.  Sadly I lost my 7.5tonne driving licence (eyesight problems), so am now relegated to a motorhome weighing not more than 3.5 tonne.  Fortunately in Europe we build most motorhomes 'down to a weight', rather than 'up to quality' as you do in the States, so there is a good selection of models to choose from.  Two weeks ago we drove to Dusseldorf in Germany for the European Motorhome Show (indeed we had press passes as we had been asked to write an article for a UK motorhome magazine, which gave us additional entrees at the show not open to the general public), and eventually we settled on our choice, a Hymer (which is Europe's most mass produced range of motorhomes), this time a model B598, delivery in February.  If you go onto the website hymer.com, look at the various motorhomes there and you will see the B598 - and hopefully one day you will see it 'in the flesh' so to speak, but more of that later.

Yesterday we went to the US Embassy in London to apply for (and got) our B2 visas - these allow for stays up to six months at a time, which can be extended, and are valid for ten years, rather than the ones available on line, called VUSA, which only allow stays up to 90 days, and which for example we used when we were there in July.

We mentioned to Jim/Pat and Gerry/Ardra we hoped to return to the USA and Canada, albeit in a somewhat smaller and bit cramped RV instead of in a mighty 45 footer with a tow car as well!  Current planning is leaving UK in November 2012, shipping to Jacksonville, and finishing up in Halifax, Nova Scotia in September 2013, but we still have work to do on that.  Our visit to the States in July reminded us just how much we loved our time there, the many friends we made (particularly on the Forum), and made us determined to 'do it all again'.  We count the days, and will keep ther Forum informed.  In the meantime we pass our best wishes to all our friends, and look forward to renewing friendships.

Terry and Liliane

It's always good to hear from you, Terry and Liliane, welcome back.  Sorry about the license problem, but it appears you've found a solution that will work well.  Keep us in mind on your next tour if you come to Texas.

Ahoy there matey! (Or, hello boyo as we say on the other side of the Severn Bridge.) Congratulations in advance on the Hymer. Hope to see you both again next time you get here.

Welcome back Terry and Liliane,

I. too. am back in a smaller 34' but older turbo diesel Cummins powered motorhome. After my late wife Bev's memorial service I focused on two searches: 1. the right, new Mrs. Maxwell, a search Bev deliberately prepared me for;  and, 2. the best motorhome a poor widowed Anglican cleric could find to serve such a mobile widely dispersed flock of RV enthusiasts as our RV Forum framily.

On June 6th, another mutually memorable day, Estelle Rene? Dodd, a widow, became Estelle Rene? Maxwell, standing with me before her home congregation in Riverton, Illinois. My first search was completed.

My second search took longer as I discovered that my personal assets, to my surprise were greater than my financial assets and I had fare more choices for a bride than my finances would allow in a motorhome. However, diligent use of my analytical skills located a 1994 Itasca Suncruiser 34RQ turbo diesel that was made for sale in Edmonton AB, for Guarantee RV, whom I never realized had a shop in Canada, knowing them only as an OR and CA dealer. The coach was for sale by a retired PhD in Mechanical Engineering in Sault Ste. Marie MI. A delightful journey from Albuquerque via train to Chicago and plane to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan landed us in our "new" used coach which we drove back to Bel?n during the month during August.

Our next planned longer trip will be to the southern California desert and Imperial Valley and then the Catalina Christmas and New Year's Rally. I will be hosting a traditional Anglican Christmas Eve Holy Communion for all who wish to attend at the Catalina State Park, Tucson, a year early for your attendance. You two and your family of choice remain in my prayers and I do hope our paths cross in 2012 or 13. I am looking forward to introducing Estelle to you. . . 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DUSM0518
Back
Top Bottom