Mini-Rally in Joliet IL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
Earlier this week Russ Mahoney came out from Chicago to join Frank and Barb Weimart who were spending a week at Leisure Lake with Sue and I. Jeff and Frank had spent several days switching base plates, light wiring, brake, and several accessories from the Cousins old CRV to a new one. Russ had spent the weekend in Chicago browsing museums

We spent an afternoon and the next morning catching up before Russ returned to Bremen  IN where his Country Coach is being painted. Frank and Barb headed to Indiana for the 4th and Sue and I drove down to central IL to visit friends around our old stomping grounds.

Attachments

• Sue Barb Frank and Russ (Large).jpg
    Sue Barb Frank and Russ (Large).jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 50
Marlene and I are going to be in Benton Harbor this weekend and move over to Indiana Dunes State Park on the 4th. Give a holler if you are close.

I am in Iowa City IA area tonight and back to Des Moines tomorrow.

The good news- the paint job is great.
The bad news- they killed all 4 batteries!
The good news- After getting the rig started and moved to a CG with 50 amp power, the batts charged right up...when I figured out how to reset the inverter. Seems that it defaults to float charging on startup and you must hold the reset button down for about 5 seconds to get it to start bulk charging. This is why I have Terry Brewer on speed dial ;-)

Tonight I am boondocking at a cousin's farm and the batts are holding a charge for 30 minutes.

Had to at least repond with a 'hi' since I was born and raised in Joliet.  But, by the grace of God I've lived in TN since 73. ;D  Didn't hurt that my parents and every relative I have/had lived in East TN  ;)

We had a great time in Joliet. It was a week of celebrations. Jeff & Sue, and Frank & Barb had their 40th wedding anniversaries. Sue had a birthday. Jeff bought a new car. And we celebrated that it only took three days to transfer the tow gear from oldie to newbie. Between family, friends, and celebrations, 3 days wasn't too bad.

We're in a membership park in Monticello, In. On Lake Freeman. This place is dangerous. They have their own pizza and ice cream parlors. And pontoon boats to rent.

With the exception of a few days here and there, we have been with framily since the beginning of May. From Monument Valley to Joliet, Il. What a ride. 

Be here for a few more days before heading to Kalamazoo.

We're in a membership park in Monticello, In. On Lake Freeman. This place is dangerous. They have their own pizza and ice cream parlors. And pontoon boats to rent.

Barb

Have you been to the Oakdale Dam Inn for catfish. Great.

Damn, Donna and I celebrated our 40th this week too, but no framily in sight, maybe for our 50th we can all get together.  We had a quiet romantic supper (dinner to you not fortunate enough to be Maritimers) at a place called the Marshlands Inn in Sackville NB.  It has been listed on Canada's top 10 places to eat for over 25 years.  We left everyone else back at the cottage where they could fend for themselves eating lobster.

Ed

I'll say publicly what I've already told Frank but his help was really great moving the equipment to our new car. Thanks again Frank!

Ed we have celebrated our 40th twice in Chicago and are headed to Colorado to get the girls, SILs, and grandchildren together to do it again.

With any luck at all, we can all celebrate an early 41st together in Moab next spring.  We had originally thought of going back to Mackinac Island where we honeymooned, but they wouldn't let us bring the motorhome, and it just wasn't convenient this year, maybe for our 45th.

Ed

Russ, thanks for the tip on the charger, I think we may have the same one.

We may be in Elkhart IN area next week (probably the Fairgrounds in Goshen). I might want to visit Chicago while there -- if you don't mind, could you let me know where you stayed in Chicago and whether you liked it? Thanks.

Safe trip to all.

Embassy Suites, 511 N Columbus Dr at Illinois ave, 2 blocks N of river.Jeanette's daughter made reservations and we got the geezer rate of "only" $200/nite. Just be aware that they only have breakfast and room service.

Back
Top Bottom