Photos - Petroglyphs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geodrake

Moderator Emeritus
Below is a link to a few photos from my recent petroglyph photo expedition to Wyoming.

http://photo2.walgreens.com/walgreens/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=10941326005/a=1299892005_1299892005/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=walgreens/

Thanks George. Just a heads up .... folks are required to create an account in order to view your album.

Complements of www.bugmenot.com you can use bugmenot for both user and password to access the album.

Nice photos, George.  There are some interesting petroglyphs there.  Even a few aliens :)

Tom said:
Thanks George. Just a heads up .... folks are required to create an account in order to view your album.
Thanks for the info Tom. 

I had followed the link prior to posting it just to make sure none of that nonsense existed.  I guess that since I already had an account it didn't show up.  Pretty sneaky!

Ned:
Bugmenot looks great & I have bookmarked it...... Thanks!

George, you're welcome.  It comes in handy for times like this.  You had no problem as your account credentials were stored in cookies (probably) so didn't need to log in.

Wow, really great photos. and like Ned says ET was there. 8)
Ned said:
Nice photos, George.  There are some interesting petroglyphs there.  Even a few aliens :)
Are those seen in national park somewhere in Wyoming or just "on the side of the road"? ???
Thanks to Tom Ned for the "bugmenot" in to view the slides :) .
Bob
(correction required by my not paying attention...sorry Ned)

Bob:

Neither, they are generally found only in remote areas.  I suspect that most of the western National Parks have them but nobody will tell you.  The only place that I am aware of that you can see them from the road is Nine Mile Canyon, just outside of Price Utah.  Fremont Indian State Park just south of Richfield, Utah is also easily accessible. 

[quote author=bobsharon]Thanks to Tom for the "bugmenot" in to view the slides[/quote]

That was a nedmenot.

Since Donna still prefers hard prints, we often use Walgreens, when they have specials and the store is handy.  So, I logged in, easily viewed the photos and concur that they are great photos.  There are several areas here in the Maritimes that also have petroglyphs, and many are similar to those, but it has been decades since we have gone looking.

Ed

Those are some amazing petroglyphs! How old are they and what indigenous tribes created them?

Age............ anywhere from 200 years to 3000 years, perhaps farther.  Tribes........ Crow, Blackfoot, Ute, Flathead, Shoshoni, Cheyenne, and Arapahos were there.  Later Sioux.

Ned said:
It is kind of odd that all the people in the pictures look alike except number 14. It looks like it has a helmet on his head, Maybe a relative from out of town ;D ;D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom