A Day in the Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice pictures and a good looking coyote ! I really like the pouncing coyote pic.

Wendy

Oh, wow!  The mid-air coyote is just really neat.  And doesn't he look beautifully groomed with a smooth coat.  Gorgeous animal.  I also like the bison - but it sure looks cold!  Let's see, when you arrived last spring you had to dig out your electric pedestal.  You may have to do the same when you leave!

ArdraF

Thanks, All. It was a really neat experience.

Bob: Yes, I was using the 100/400. Had to back up because he got so close I couldn't focus.  :)

Don/Mary Ann: Wish we were there too but I would have missed this opportunity. :)

Lorna: We have several stops to make that we missed last year so may not be able to make it. Not because we don't want to!!!

Ned: I like to name things that make sense but don't always do it. I finally decided I should start putting a watermark on my photos. Not that I'm afraid someone here might use them elsewhere as they are all low quality but I do know a person who told us that they feel they can do whatever they want if the photos aren't copyrighted.

Wendy/Ardra: That Coyote was magnificent. I've never seen one look so good. It looks like it might be someone's pet!!

Threeful: I bet that encounter with the snake would have made for some great shots!!!

Jim Dick said:
...... they are all low quality

I don't think so. Your pictures are better than some who profess to be "professional" photographers. You just keep shooting.

Wendy

Wendy,

Thanks. What I meant to say is the size of the photos have been reduced to a smaller size to fit in the file size of the forum. ;D My photos on photo.net are full size but there is a copyright notice on that forum. I will be using that watermark there as well when I get the time to change them. :)

Jim:  Nice shots.  Isn't it wonderful when you are in the right place when the animal does some of its iconic moves.  The Coyote is a keeper for sure and I like your signature line.

Ron & Russ,

Thanks! Ron, yes it's amazing when one can be there at the right moment to capture a fleeting moment in the life of an animal.

One thing I like about the signature line, I can change it from pure white to pure black and anything in between. Should work well with any color photograph.

Beautiful shots, Jim -- thanks for sharing those. As so many others have said, that shot of the coyote in mid-air is especially wonderful. Great job!

Hi Larry,

Thanks, wish you were still here to see this guy. Really was fun watching him. I just realized I've put a gender on the Coyote and can't really say if it was male or female. Either way, it was a gorgeous one!

Jim Dick said:
On our way back, we spotted a Coyote hunting for an evening meal. I took 165 photos

Beautiful animals and beautiful shots .... only 165 shots to get those great coyote shots huh ??  ;D  You're good !!  Think that is one thing we're all happy about .... it's digital and not film anymore !  Years ago when I put my Mamiya 2 1/4 square away it was running about a dollar a shot !  :eek: 

And I also like your watermark ... have played with that a little off and on ... do like yours though.

Well done Jim

Howard

Late getting in on this thread .... WOW, Jim!  I've seen lots of coyotes in my western life, but none so beautiful.  I don't think I've ever seen one pounce while I was looking.  What a great opportunity and what a great shot!

Margi

Howard,

Thanks! Yes, I was lucky it took so few shots. ;D ;D I just love digital. No more worries about what the shots might look like when they come back from development.

Margi,

Yes, it is a beautiful specimen of that breed. I was really surprised how healthy and gorgeous it looked. I could see it was about to attack so kept the lens on it and started shooting as soon as there was an indication of movement. I am able to get 6 shots/second with the Canon 40D. My 7D will do 8 but I'm having some real focus problems so need to address that once we get back home.

Jim Dick said:
Hi Larry,

Thanks, wish you were still here to see this guy. Really was fun watching him. I just realized I've put a gender on the Coyote and can't really say if it was male or female. Either way, it was a gorgeous one!

I wish that too, Jim. Hope to get back there again, sometime. We had a ball.

Larry

On Wednesday, we had to go into West Yellowstone to mail a package. On our return we ran into a herd of Bison heading for, what I decided, was their evening meadow where they would bed down for the night.

What a surprise to see about 60 Bison walking right toward you. This is when you feel very fortunate to be in a vehicle!!! They came so close to our truck that I could have petted them on the way by. One must not do that! Someone did in the past and the Bison hit the vehicle with it's backend and rocked the whole car!!!! I didn't witness it but, apparently, Pancake Bill did!

Attachments

• Bison Encounter.JPG
    Bison Encounter.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Let's go this way.JPG
    Let's go this way.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Mommy, what's that thing?.JPG
    Mommy, what's that thing?.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 29
Jim,

it's 13 right now. Hoping it will warm up today. I had to move the coach Wednesday and the slide wouldn't come all the way in. The slide topper was frozen! Finally got it in yesterday but it's full of ice and I can't travel that way. Hoping the sun will come out for a while so I can move it so that side faces the sun. Maybe it will defrost.

Still, it's very pretty around the geyser basins where the steam has frozen on the trees. Looks like a winter wonderland!!! Hoping to get a few pictures this morning.

Back
Top Bottom