Dust Storm Hits Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, that is crazy.  When I was driving from Houston to Mesa, AZ and I got around the west Texas area, i started seeing these signs of dust storms and how limited the visibility
is when these hit, but to my avail, never saw one of these dust storms and now, after seeing that, I'm glad I didn't. 

I knew there was a good reason not to be in Phoenix this summer! Phoenix dust storms can be blinding when on the road (I know from experience), just as bad a dense fog. When driving you want to stop, but that can be more dangerous then trying to continue.

Back in the olden days  ::) , the west side of the San Joaquin Valley in California used to get these dust storms.  My Dad would vacuum inches of silt off off the screened porch in our Shell Oil "company house".  If you were caught on the road in one, it would sandblast your car.  Water in the SJ Valley, and the ensuing vegetation, reduced the threat.

Margi

I'd never head of valley fever before.  Thanks for the heads up.  I hope you get better soon.

It is said everyone who lives or spends time here in the AZ desert gets valley fever.  Some get it and never know it, some have cold or flu like symptoms and some get really sick.  Dogs can get it.  Goggle "valley fever" for more information.

Jennifer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom