Air Suspension?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skip Nagel

I bought a '97 - '99 Thor Pinnacle 3505 and am on our first outing. While being parked, I noticed that I have an air valve at each of the finder wells by the rear tires. They lead to the rear suspension. How much air pressure is required for these? I didn't receive any manuals when I bought and I haven't been able to find anything on google.

Skip Nagel    :-[

The air pressure will depend on how it is loaded.  When we had our 30' gasser I installed the Firestone air bag system under each rear corner to help when towing our 24' enclosed trailer.  I played with the pressures over two-three trips to determine best pressure.  I started at about 45 psi and would drive for a while, pull into a rest area and let a few pounds out and drive a while.  I didn't add the optional onboard air compressor on my rig but I did on my friends Bounder.

I ended up at 42 psi when towing our trailer and 35 psi when flat towing our Jeep GC.  One thing to mention is most manufacturers suggest always keeping at least a minimun of 10 psi in the bags.  Mike.

Thanks Mike, I'll check the pressure. I'm pulling a little 6 X 8 now, but will get a 24 ft. covered car hauler in Oct. At least I now know what to google.

Thanks again,

Skip

Most air suspension systems recommend a minimum amount of air pressure - I guess to prevent damage by smashing completely together.  Anyway, my air bags specify a minimum of 10 lbs and maximum of 90 lbs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom