5th Annual New Years Rally at Catalina State Park, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jim Johnson said:
Betty, exactly what are you trying to say :p

Jim,
I was not referring  to THAT at all.  One year when leaving  the New Year's Eve party, I put on my shoes, tied them and they felt quite tight.  It was then  I realized I had worn  sandals to the party and those were not my shoes.  I blame it on Russ who brought the  Champagne.  Thank you Marlene for having  such nice Reeboks suitable for trying on. 
Betty

So what is Betty's shoe size so folks can decide if they need to protect their size 7s or not worry about their size 12s?

Wendy

Wendy said:
So what is Betty's shoe size so folks can decide if they need to protect their size 7s or not worry about their size 12s?
Hey, I did a bit of a Cinderella thing, the shoe does not have to fit to try it out.  Again thank Russ for the champagne.

BB

Pretty soon this Betty person will come up with a game which will have you all trying to find and claim any shoe you might fit into.  There will be prizes!  (Probably Russ' champaign choice.) Oh my goodness, how I miss you all !!!  ;D

Margi

My son asked if he could show up in my Westy.  I told him sure, you guys would love to meet him.  I doubt he would, a single 32 year old on New Years eve....  He has the keys for the winter. 

Just a quick question on roads.  Tim and I will be coming from California through Palm Springs heading to Tuscon via Phoenix on #10.  Streets and Maps plotted our road into Catalina State park south of Phoenix via 87 east off of #10, the #287 to #79 south to #77 south.  How are those roads?

Usually we would drop down south off of #10 on the Buckeye cutoff (highway 85, I think) and come into Tucson on #8; but thought we'd try the other route unless the roads are a problem.

Marsha~

I'd just take I-10 south to Tangerine Road, then east to Oracle, south a short way to the park on the left. (Unless someone knows whether there's construction of whatever going on, as I haven't been that way recently.)

Pierat said:
I'd just take I-10 south to Tangerine Road, then east to Oracle, south a short way to the park on the left. (Unless someone knows whether there's construction of whatever going on, as I haven't been that way recently.)

That's the way I always go.

Marsha/CA said:
Just a quick question on roads.  Tim and I will be coming from California through Palm Springs heading to Tuscon via Phoenix on #10.  Streets and Maps plotted our road into Catalina State park south of Phoenix via 87 east off of #10, the #287 to #79 south to #77 south.  How are those roads?

Usually we would drop down south off of #10 on the Buckeye cutoff (highway 85, I think) and come into Tucson on #8; but thought we'd try the other route unless the roads are a problem.

Marsha~

Marsha

I've been taking this route for the last 3 years to get off I-10. Mostly two lane in good condition with light traffic.

Either way is good.

ken

That's the way we go. When you get to Oracle turn right. Go to first light (about 3 to 4 hundred yards) and turn left into park entrance.

I know a lot of the people in this group so I can say with great assurance that most of us buy whatever shoes we like that are on sale at the greatest discount. Since size really doesn't matter, as long as they're big enough to get our fat feet in, if the shoe fits, it probably isn't yours.

And yes, Tangerine from I-10 is the easiest and best way to the park, especially if you don't mind a few undulations.

Randy

AZ Randy1 said:
I know a lot of the people in this group so I can say with great assurance that most of us buy whatever shoes we like that are on sale at the greatest discount. Since size really doesn't matter, as long as they're big enough to get our fat feet in, if the shoe fits, it probably isn't yours.

And yes, Tangerine from I-10 is the easiest and best way to the park, especially if you don't mind a few undulations.

Randy

Hi Randy,
What is the best way if your are coming from the south?

Paul

I-10 to Tangerine is the most direct route from north or south I-10.  Tangerine is a high speed rural/suburban road with a few stop lights.  Other routes take you through Tucson city traffic.

If you really prefer a shorter but suburban route from the south, you can take Ina Rd. from the freeway east to Oracle Rd., then north through the town of Oro Valley to the park. I've done both in the motorhome.

Either Ina or Oracle will get you to the park, Paul. Ina to Oracle then north is a bit shorter coming from the south, but will have more traffic and stop lights. I'm really glad to know that our Iowa contingent will be at Catalina again this year. I'm looking forward to seeing you two.

Randy

From the south the shortest route is to exit I10 at Miracle Mile (rt77) then take Oracle north. Further on Oracle in traffic but then you avoid the Ina rd traffic. In the end probably a little longer in city traffic, but overall shorter.

Note Miracle Mile ends at Oracle so you can't miss it!

Hi All -

I wasn't sure we would make this rally but guess what?  We have officially relocated to Tucson.  Didn't expect it, wasn't planning on it,  but that's where the work is.  We're renting space in-town since my husband needs to be close enough to ride his bike in.  Can we un-couple and come and visit during the rally or would we have to purchase a slot?

Let me know - I'm excited to finally have the time to socialize with fellow RV'rs.  Now that we've posted our before and after pics of our remodel, I feel like I've let you all into our home.  Your family now!  LOL!

Looking forward to meeting you (and I'm deciding to go barefoot to protect any shoe confusion  ;-)  ).
Paula

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom