5th Annual New Years Rally at Catalina State Park, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AZ Randy1 said:
Either Ina or Oracle will get you to the park, Paul. Ina to Oracle then north is a bit shorter coming from the south, but will have more traffic and stop lights. I'm really glad to know that our Iowa contingent will be at Catalina again this year. I'm looking forward to seeing you two.

Randy

Thanks for the directions.  Last year we came up Oracle.  It wasnt too bad, but may try a different way this year.

Look forward to seeing everyone.  Iowans are everywhere!

Paul

Paula,

I'll have to ask the campground host about an RV coming in on a day pass. I'll also find out the cost of a day pass. RV spaces are $25.00 per night (W/E).

Plan to be there tomorrow.
Ken

We're here in B25. A very beautiful area!! We turned on Miracle Mile and at the first stoplight, Flowing Wells?, drove north to Orange Grove Road where we went E to Oracle-AZ 77 and then turned north. That avoided some of Oracle, always a busy highway.

See you tomorrow!

After setting up, I made a Walmart run to the gigantic Walmart in Oro Valley Shopping Center immediately across 77. Tomorrow's cold will be gone by Sunday, thankfully.

Jerry and Ardra have arrived at Catalina and are in site B-20.  It's sunny, pretty, but getting cooler tonight.  We brought in the water hose because it might freeze tonight.

ArdraF

Ann and I are now planning on arriving on Tuesday December 27.  We will be in site B-40 for Tuesday night, and then move to site B-39 till January 1 of next year.

Paul

Gary & Maria have arrived.  Started setting up around 10 PM.  Our 1 year old INDOOR cat, Achilles, got out and caused a minor panic.  Decided to finish setting up tomorrow after hearing what sounded like a choir of Coyotes approaching from every direction.  They probably got a whiff of Achilles.  Well at least the hose won't freeze.

Gary 

Akers are here. We had a nice happy hour yesterday with Daisy's spanikopita?? Something like that. Yummy!
Headed for home early as it is a little chilly - AZ chilly = 60's!

Don't worry Lucy it will be 5 degrees warmer today and even warmer the next day. For CHILLY you needed to be here last year.

ken

Catalina is calling! We leave Honolulu in a few hours and will see you all on the 29th.

We will be arriving early than expected.  tomorrow the 28 to site B29
then move to our other site ( B 38 ) on the 30, to make room for the Wales who have booked B29.  :)
Oh NO  another NEWBEEEEE  LOL
Howard

Terry and Betty arrived today and made it to the  3 pm Happy Hour time.  We do this  early  because as soon as that sun starts going down so does the temperatures.

In keeping with the true theme of this being a non host rally, we learned  that Sheila will be flying out  in the morning  to  handle family matters
in Chicago.  So she gave me the folder with all the tourist information.  Ken would  have been able to give the answers but he feared he may not have been able to hear the questions.  So we will keep this rally  low key loose and still have a blast.

The campground is FULL tonight.  This is what happens when a State Park takes reservations.  I want to go to movies, Biosphere and a bit of shopping.  So stay tuned for the forecast.
Betty

My precious Betty person ....  Sheila left the rally in caring, capable hands.  Hope Sheila can return from Chicago soon.  We miss you all sooooo much and will be eagerly awaiting stories and pictures from the rally.

Margi

Lassens are on their way!  We  packed-loaded- and took off this morning.  Tonight we are in Palm Sprngs in a fabulous RV park.  It's pricey; but very-very nice.  Tomorrow we are heading to Buckeye, AZ and will stay the night there; arriving in Catalina; Site B-28 on the 29th.  We are so ready for this!

Marsha~

Betty

Thanks for taking over the hostess duties for me.  Also I know all you ladies will look after Ken for me, especially since Russ left you off the hook for this rally!!!!

Sheila

I really enjoyed the tour of the campground, the consummate hostess in the sales great entryway, the very competent Liz in service who is providing oversight for what appears to be a botched install of the Remco/Flowmaster disconnect on my Nissan, 4x4. Bill Whetstone, your NH friend gave me a good tour of the CG and esp the dog area and trail.

Redington Road follows the old Butterfield Stage Route forged to avoid Cochise country a bit south. It is challenging and without guardrails.

We took our two youngest dogs along and when stopped got them to relieve themselves I saw the disconnect was disconnected and that's not good when that far up a very rough road. The front wheel drive got us down.

Lazy Days made a 10am opening for me and I am confident our towd is in good hands.

ps. We ran into the Sharps at In and Out. . .but not Terry.

Back
Top Bottom