5th Annual New Years Rally at Catalina State Park, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All -

I haven't had a chance to check the responses for several days now.  All I can say is ROTFLOL!  My husband had to come read the feed because I was laughing so hard.

Liza - I'm right with you.  When my husband and I got together, I told him there was ONE thing he had to always provide - and that one thing was TP.  I tend to get nervous when I can only see two more rolls - and when we're down to one, well its panic time.  That's one thing a person just shouldn't be without.  LOL.

Daniel and I are going to try and make our reservation this coming week.  Hope there will still be spaces available!

Looking forward to meeting you all.  This sounds like a fun group.  :)

Paula

Holy Smokes!
I skip a few days and look what I missed.  Randy, I think the Happy Hooker was robbed last year.  We might need a rematch.  Start thinking of ways to edge out the competition.  The tp was just padding in case we fell.

Padding in case "we" fell? I was the one mounted on The Hooker with the blindfold on. You could sidestep any perilous object in our path while I was the one left in danger's way. And the best way to get an edge on the competition is to lie and cheat. Just ask that Betty person about how I won her card game two years ago. You have to be smart and devious, hope that you don't get caught and that the rules of the game don't get changed after the game has begun!!

And Paula, I don't know if one would consider this whole group as fun, but Liza and I certainly are (and occasionally Sheila Kuch can be, too. Lest I not forget that Betty person, as well. We don't have any other fun men except maybe for Kim and maybe Wally when he dresses up)! And, since you don't yet know Liza (or me either for that matter), I have to say that, unlike you, she gets nervous when she's down to her last two HUNDRED rolls and then panics when she's down to her last one HUNDRED rolls. So if you might happen to need TP before you get to Tucson, just be sure that you get to town before Liza.

AZ Randy1 said:
We don't have any other fun men except maybe for Kim and maybe Wally when he dresses up)!

Randy

I don't remember if it is archived or not, but Jerry Fitzgerald's demonstration of setting up a chair was funnier than anything I have ever seen at QZ, except maybe for the 12 days of QZ (lots of funny guys in that one also). And George Van Luchene was priceless singing YMCA. Was it with Jerry?

Jerry and George did sing YMCA together at the Las Vegas Monaco rally many years ago. It was hysterical.  Fortunately I was still drinking!

ken

Bernie,

Since I've only been at QZ the last 2 years and haven't seen George's rendition of YMCA or Jerry set up a chair, other than in the PM for happy hour, maybe we can press them for updated versions in January.

AZ Randy1 said:
Since I've only been at QZ the last 2 years and haven't seen George's rendition of YMCA or Jerry set up a chair, other than in the PM for happy hour, maybe we can press them for updated versions in January.

And you can join them Randy ! I think I see Happy Hour entertainment :)

Wendy

George and Lucy Akers are in Site B-17, Dec. 25 - Jan. 2

We'll probably arrive in 2 vehicles so George can come home for a big New Year's team roping but at least we will arrive together!

Welcome George and Lucy. It will be great to see you again.

The Rally Group

B17        George & Lucy  Dec. 25 - Jan. 2
B18        Don & Peg 12/28/11 until 1/3/12
B19        Bernie & Marlene  12/25/11 until 1/2/12
B20        Jerry & Ardra  12/23/11 until 1/4/12
B21        Randy & Debby  12/24/11 until 1/2/12
B22        Jeff & Sue  12/29 - 1/2/12
B23        Fred & Daisy  12/24/11 until 1/2/12
B24        Jeannine & Dan  12/28/11 - 1/3/12
B25        Bob & Estelle Maxwell  12/22/2011 to 01/03/2012
B26        Gary & Coleen  12/29/11 - 1/3/12
B28        Tim & Marsha 12/29/11 until 1/4/12
B29        John & Mary-Wales 12/30/11 until 1/1/12
B30        Mike and Laurie 12/27/11 until 1/2/12
B32        Ray & Liza  12/27/11 until 1/2/12
B33        Ken& Sheila  12/22/11 until 1/2/12
B34        Russ  12/25/11 until 1/1/12
B35        Terry & Betty  12/27/11 until 1/4/12
B38        Howard and Jo 12/30/11 until 1/2/12

The group is growing!

lucyakers said:
George and Lucy Akers are in Site B-17, Dec. 25 - Jan. 2

We'll probably arrive in 2 vehicles so George can come home for a big New Year's team roping but at least we will arrive together!

That ol' cowboy is gonna be ropin' from his wheelchair!  More power to him!  ;D

Margi

Here's George roping that dead cow skull at QZ.

Attachments

• roping.jpg
    roping.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 41
George also had one on a spike but he couldn't hammer it into the ground at QZ :)

George stepping out of the Foretravel at one of the very early QZ rallies when it was still held at the ranger station/phone booth was amazingly priceless.  Rope in one hand, cow skull in the other and his booming voice announcing he was there under protest, but the biggest smile on his face that told us otherwise.  As did Lucy....... ;D ;D ;D

What great memories...... :)

Daisy

I hope someone at the New Years Rally at Catalina can persuade George to recount his series of misadventures when the Foretravel went up to the hubs in mud at one of his roping venues.  I don't think I've ever laughed any harder!  Make sure he doesn't skip ANY details!  ;D

Margi

I hope someone at the New Years Rally at Catalina can persuade George to recount his series of misadventures when the Foretravel went up to the hubs in mud at one of his roping venues.  I don't think I've ever laughed any harder!

Randy

Looks like another fun man ;D

Back
Top Bottom