5th Annual New Years Rally at Catalina State Park, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Randy,

I doubt that George Van Luchene will be at Catalina and long ago I got rid of that nasty, hard to open, chair so it is gone too.

To bad but here is a better version of YMCA for you to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ivV8ifvjGc

JerryF

Jerry,

Thanks that was fun, BUT still doesn't top you and George! VBG Watching Chris watch you was almost as good.
But then I was still drinking (as were others not to be named).

ken

Hello everyone.  For those of you who do both Catalina and Quartzsite, what do you do inbetween?  We'd like to join the group but prefer not to return to L.A. before heading to Q.  If we go we'll probably check out the SPK co-op parks in AZ but that isn't going to take two weeks.  All suggestions will be appreciated.  Only consideration is weather.  Warm is good.  We just returned from a month at the Chimacum WA, BRRRRRRR SPK park and I'm still trying to warm up. 

Thanks

Gary

Spend a week at the LAzy Days RV paek, nice pool, look at rigs without pressure, visit Camping World, then someone can suggest another week.  Or use it loading the new RV you get while you are there.

Gary

Don't know if you have a towable or motorcoach (and belong to FMCA). A number of us will be in Indio for the FMCAWestern Area rally the 2nd week of January then back to QZ.

AZ has some good state parks http://azstateparks.com/find/map.html and there are several in the SE, like Kartchner Caverns. There is a lot of history in that area from Bisbee to Cochise to Toombstone. NW of Phoenix that is Alamo Lake that was upgraded in the last 24 months.

If you are a member of FMCA, there is the Western Rally at Indio, and that's on our list.

And there are the SKP parks in AZ too!

And yes, lazy Days is an option.

Bill, that's a great idea.  We're planning on buying a motorhome in a year or two.  Have been doing a ton of research which recently evaporated since my MAC computer decided to take early retirement.  :mad: :-\  Thanks for the heads up.

Gary

Bernie, 

We have a travel trailer.  I think I may have joined FMCA a year or two ago when I was researching a used Motorhome.  Do they allow members to attend who don't own a motorhome?  If so, we may stop by for a day or so. 

Gary

Bob, thanks for the suggestions.  If we don't stop at Lazy days or FMCA we'll check out those parks.  Probably pass on the one NW of Phoenix.  As I recall, that's in the direction of Flagstaff and I love the area, just not in the winter. 

Gary

garyb1st said:
We have a travel trailer.  I think I may have joined FMCA a year or two ago when I was researching a used Motorhome.  Do they allow members to attend who don't own a motorhome?  If so, we may stop by for a day or so. 

Gary

No restrictions on coming in on a day pass. All are welcome. You won't be able to park on site, tho :(

No, Alamo is in the desert and there are pics from a New Years rally there for Y2K? Check the map link and review the AZ State Parks --they're working to make them inviting.

Thought I heard they were allowing TT's or non-MH's to attend rallies?  What better way to entice the rest into the fold?

PancakeBill said:
Thought I heard they were allowing TT's or non-MH's to attend rallies?  What better way to entice the rest into the fold?

That was a one time experiment at the FMCA rally at Perry, GA last year. It was decided not to redo and was never considered for FMCA area rallies. The Perry experiment was not considered very successful, with little gained.

garyb1st said:
Gary and Maria will be in Site B-2.  We'll arrive 12-23 and depart 1-2.  We'll be bringing warm weather or lots of hot rum.

Gary

Can you bring that hot rum to Quartzsite, too ?

garyb1st said:
Wendy, I didn't know you drank.  :eek:  What kind of rum do you like?

???  Me? Not drink? Best thing about living in Colorado was Hot Buttered Rum ! You mean there are different kinds of rum? LOL

Welcome Gary and Maria
and welcome back Paul and Ann

The Rally Group:

B2          Gary & Maria 12/23 until 1/2/12
B17        George & Lucy  Dec. 25 - Jan. 2
B18        Don & Peg 12/28/11 until 1/3/12
B19        Bernie & Marlene  12/25/11 until 1/2/12
B20        Jerry & Ardra  12/23/11 until 1/4/12
B21        Randy & Debby  12/24/11 until 1/2/12
B22        Jeff & Sue  12/29 - 1/2/12
B23        Fred & Daisy  12/24/11 until 1/2/12
B24        Jeannine & Dan  12/28/11 - 1/3/12
B25        Bob & Estelle Maxwell  12/22/2011 to 01/03/2012
B26        Gary & Coleen  12/29/11 - 1/3/12
B28        Tim & Marsha 12/29/11 until 1/4/12
B29        John & Mary-Wales 12/30/11 until 1/1/12
B30        Mike and Laurie 12/27/11 until 1/2/12
B32        Ray & Liza  12/27/11 until 1/2/12
B33        Ken& Sheila  12/23/11 until 1/2/12
B34        Russ  12/25/11 until 1/1/12
B35        Terry & Betty  12/27/11 until 1/4/12
B37        Frank & Barb  12/29 until 1/2/12
B38        Howard and Jo 12/30/11 until 1/2/12
B39        Paul & Ann 12/28 until 1/1/12

I think we may need to start working on a plan "B" for New Years eve!

ken

Back
Top Bottom