EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Need a part for my classic pop up  (Read 4496 times)

Hilomike

• ---
Need a part for my classic pop up
« on: July 07, 2011, 08:47:46 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this. Just activated my account. I am hoping someone out there can help me with an issue I'm having. I have a 1978 Palomino "Fold-a-wall" pop up camper ( XL Series ) that I need a part for. If you are familiar with this camper you know it has 4 lift bars on the outside ( one in each corner ) that are manually operated to raise the unit. Each lift arm has a pivot point, or knuckle, about midway up the arm bar. I have broken one off and I am having a very difficult time locating a replacement. Chances are I will have to find the entire arm assembly as opposed to just the knuckle; as the knuckle looks to be pressed into,the bar. As you can imagine, the unit won't raise even with the other 3 still being functional. Does anyone know where I might be able to come up with a used arm bar? Maybe a salvage lot for RV's? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.....Mike

1joester2

• ---
  • Apeo - forever in our hearts. New dog: Duh Kooky
Re: Need a part for my classic pop up
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:01:29 PM »
Any chance of posting a picture?

I'm scrapping out a popup for the frame that had arms on each corner similar to your description, but it's not a Palamino.

Joe
Common sense to many of us is, unfortunately, the higher education some strive to attain.

Joe and Carol
2001 Coachmen 220RK W/GM 7.4 Vortec

Hilomike

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 01:57:37 PM »
I will try to get one posted this weekend. I will have to figure out how to attach it first. I know the Palomino was actually manufactured by vanguard industries  so the same parts may have been used by other pop ups as well.

Thanks

1joester2

• ---
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »
If posting a picture poses a problem, PM me and I'll give you my e-dress and you can send it that way.

Joe
Common sense to many of us is, unfortunately, the higher education some strive to attain.

Joe and Carol

Hilomike

• ---
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 08:56:27 PM »
Here ya go

Hilomike

• ---
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 08:58:27 PM »
Joe,

Please send me your email address if you can. The pics I am trying to up load won't attach. Been trying most of the evening. I have three pics of the liftarm to send you.

Thanks

Mike

Hilomike

• ---
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 07:09:47 PM »
Joe,

Here's a couple pics of what I have

1joester2

• ---
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 10:34:03 PM »
Sorry, I was out playing in the RV for the weekend. Spent a BEAUTIFULLY PEACEFUL Saturday night on the bank of Cayuga Lake in NY. With the moon and the stars, it was awesome.

The arms I have are different. You have the exposed scissor type arms. Those things have a particularly nasty bite if you have a finger in the wrong place at the wrong time. If the broken arm is removed from the popup, I would take it to a machine shop and see what they would charge to grind and weld the tip back on. Might be your best bet. Worst case, you will have functionality until a replacement is located.
The arms I have are big and boxy with a rather menacing spring inside.

Joe

Joe and Carol

Hilomike

• ---
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 07:58:12 PM »
Still looking for this part ( lift arm knuckle ) for my 1978 Palomino Pop-up......Can anyone help???  See Pics
Can lift the pop up without it

sstfan51

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 07:46:18 PM »
I have a 1988 Polamino pop up camper and I'm looking for 2 of the outter spring arm assemblies that hold the top of the camper up if anyone could help me out I'd highly appreciate it.

Hosted by Over The Network