Need a part for my classic pop up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hilomike

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this. Just activated my account. I am hoping someone out there can help me with an issue I'm having. I have a 1978 Palomino "Fold-a-wall" pop up camper ( XL Series ) that I need a part for. If you are familiar with this camper you know it has 4 lift bars on the outside ( one in each corner ) that are manually operated to raise the unit. Each lift arm has a pivot point, or knuckle, about midway up the arm bar. I have broken one off and I am having a very difficult time locating a replacement. Chances are I will have to find the entire arm assembly as opposed to just the knuckle; as the knuckle looks to be pressed into,the bar. As you can imagine, the unit won't raise even with the other 3 still being functional. Does anyone know where I might be able to come up with a used arm bar? Maybe a salvage lot for RV's? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.....Mike

Any chance of posting a picture?

I'm scrapping out a popup for the frame that had arms on each corner similar to your description, but it's not a Palamino.

Joe

I will try to get one posted this weekend. I will have to figure out how to attach it first. I know the Palomino was actually manufactured by vanguard industries  so the same parts may have been used by other pop ups as well.

Thanks

If posting a picture poses a problem, PM me and I'll give you my e-dress and you can send it that way.

Joe

Joe,

Please send me your email address if you can. The pics I am trying to up load won't attach. Been trying most of the evening. I have three pics of the liftarm to send you.

Thanks

Mike

Joe,

Here's a couple pics of what I have

Attachments

• Knuckle.doc
    165.5 KB · Views: 25
Sorry, I was out playing in the RV for the weekend. Spent a BEAUTIFULLY PEACEFUL Saturday night on the bank of Cayuga Lake in NY. With the moon and the stars, it was awesome.

The arms I have are different. You have the exposed scissor type arms. Those things have a particularly nasty bite if you have a finger in the wrong place at the wrong time. If the broken arm is removed from the popup, I would take it to a machine shop and see what they would charge to grind and weld the tip back on. Might be your best bet. Worst case, you will have functionality until a replacement is located.
The arms I have are big and boxy with a rather menacing spring inside.

Joe

Still looking for this part ( lift arm knuckle ) for my 1978 Palomino Pop-up......Can anyone help???  See Pics
Can lift the pop up without it

Attachments

• Knuckle.doc
    165.5 KB · Views: 9
I have a 1988 Polamino pop up camper and I'm looking for 2 of the outter spring arm assemblies that hold the top of the camper up if anyone could help me out I'd highly appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom