Anyone have any input or experience with Progressive Dynamics PD9245C conveter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arogers

Im looking to replace my conveter and I'm looking for input on the progressive dynamics conveter.  thanks

What do you need to know??? I have two  9145 model with the add-on charge wizards. This is the equivalent to the 9245 which has the charge wizard built in.

They work fine but that does not likely answer your initial question...

I need to replace my dead converter and I've had a few people suggest this converter, and I'm just looking for more opinions on it before I buy it.  Is it a good quality converter?  I've found a new one on ebay for $140 that includes the remote control pendant.

I installed a PD9245 with Charge Wizard in my MH about 18 months ago.  Simple installation.  I like the Charge Wizard pendant that shows me what mode the converter is in.  It's worked well so far.  No complaints.

Mike Wagner

I use a 9180 with charge wizard (Original equipment) it's a "Big Brother" to yours.

When I got the RV I did some research into converters,, Now there is no single "Best" converter, there are many however which qualify for the "Best" band (likewise there are many that do not meed that quality) and among the Best there are some that have at least one feature that makes them even better, I call that the OUTSTANDING band,  Different makes different fetaures.

the Progressive Dynamics 9200 (or the 9100 with wizard, or for that matter any of the charge wizard controlled models) falls in this "Outstanding" class.    It is one of the very best made.

NOTE that there are many in this group too.. But it's in there, none better.

Progressive Dynamics is an excellent brand and you should not have any problems.  My original one died a couple years ago and I replaced it with another, found rebuilt on eBay for around $100.  PD will also rebuild them for around that price and offer a warranty on the rebuilt item, if you have the "guts" to an old converter (to send in to their factory) that no longer works.

I'm very happy with the PD9260 I installed in my Alpenlite a year ago. Batteries are sittin' fat and happy.

I replaced my original converter with a PD9245 and am more than pleased with it. I also ran a parallel pair of #6 ga. cables to take full advantage of the 45 amp. output as the original wiring was #8 ga.

Back
Top Bottom