AC dripping water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fgeorge2244

Hello,    My travel trailer AC unit is mounted overhead above the living area.  It is made by cruiser rv and may be dometic brand.  Currently dripping water from the vent area inside on to the floor.  The rate of dripping changes when adjusting the output low to high.  Worried about the long term effect of water in the ceiling etc as well as the bucket I'm filling up in here.  I am currently camping and of course the screws to the unit are not common phillips head and I can't get it removed for a better look until I get home.  Any thoughts, comments, ideas are all welcomed.  Thanks guys.

try raising the front of the trailer about 1 inch, see if this affects it

I've had this problem twice on my motor home. Once that was it, the other time the evaporator cil got dirty enough to frost up.. And when I melted the ice, it dripped.

I plan on cleaning it next week.

Up on the roof, there are 4 small holes in the sides of the air conditioner's base pan.  The air conditioner collects the condensation from the evaporator coil in the pan, then it's supposed to drain through these holes onto the roof.

If they're plugged, water will build up in the pan until it gets deep enough to overflow through the 14" hole into the rig.  This is what you're seeing.

Get up on the roof and make sure nothing is blocking the drain holes.  If you have a flat roof make sure the air conditioner isn't sitting in the middle of a depression, which will do the same thing.

Had the same problem. What Lou said was the solution. On ours afer you remove the shroud there is another cover that you have to
romove to get to the drain pan. Also sometimes the drain pan can get cracked and that will cause a leak.

Dave
Currently in Winnipeg Manitoba

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom