Where to put emergency info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ochidoc

Just about ready for our first big RV trip.  Wondering where to put/post Emergency Medical info in the coach? (we are driving a class A)  My daughter has a slew of medical issues and allergies, and we always travel with a list of meds, history, and CDs of her scans.    Where should be keep all this info , God Forbid it is needed and we cant provide it. ...

Im thinking of a sticker or notice on the side of the cabinet  just inside the entrance door?    something like  "IMPORTANT EMERGENCY MEDICAL INFORMATION LOCATED IN BIN OVER DOOR! " I dont want to have it  " in my face "  for the entire vacation , but also want to be sure emergency personnel would notice it.....

Thoughts?
thanks!
doc

Hi Doc,

Many RVers put that info in a vial of life and place it in the refer. You can find the info on the Internet or make your own. A sticker near the entry door will alert emergency personnel about the location of the vial.

Second the "Vial of life" suggestion

Some additional suggestions: If your daughter has, as you put it a "Slew of medical issues" then you should add to her jewlery collection by visiting http://www.medicalert.org

You get to her doctors with the needed form, they forward all the important stuff to Medic Alert and should there be a need the Medics call the number on her jewlery, give them the number on said jewlery and the fax number of the hospital and by the time she gets there. Her records have preceded her. 

Other things.. ICE.. (In Case of Emergency) You should have one or more phone numbers programmed into your cell phone(s) with the name of ICE or ICE-1 ICE-2 and so on, Again, responders will call the ICE listings (one at a time till they get an answer)

MASA  (Medical Air Services Assn if I'v expanded it right) http://medicalairservicesassociation.com/  Note that this is one of many companies which offer similar services.  This is an air ambulance service.. They also help with ground ambulance.. I have a membership in this outfit (if you decide to join please PM me so I can claim a refferal) I'm not sure just what they offer currently..  But the basic plan is this.

If I have medical issues.. Blue Cross picks up only part of the initial "Evacuation" (Ambulance) ride, MASA covers the rest,  MASA will also get me from the initial hospital to air port A private jet from Air port to air port and another ambulance from there to the Hospital of your choice.

They also pay a porter to port your Motorhome home.

Several other agencies offer services similar, including FMCA, but check out the differences.

Back
Top Bottom