Fall Rally, Virginia - Anybody interested?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geodrake

Moderator Emeritus
We will be campground hosts at Prince William Forest Park (Oak Ridge Campground)  this fall (Aug - Oct).  PWFP is a National Forest Park just south of Washington D.C., next to Quantico.  Jim Godward and Lou (Porky) have indicated that they may come up while we are there. 

Realizing that we have quite a few eastern members and also realizing that lots of folks travel the east coast in the fall to view the fall colors I'm wondering if there would be an interest in a Rally there.  Anybody interested?

The following edit was posted below on July 27th:
As Frank ( AllegroRV ) has pointed out Oak Ridge Campground has no hookups and limits RV length to 32 ft for MHs and 26 ft for others.  Additionally there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of interest anyhow. 

So................... Rather than making this a Rally lets just say October 12 - 14 could be a good time to stop by and say hi, but you would be welcome anytime.  If we get a few of us together we will do a campfire or two and even happy hours.

George I wish to correct a small error. Prince William Forest Park is not a National Park, it is a Forest Park and it is overseen by the National Park Service, but that does not make it a National Park. There are only 58 National Parks in the National Park system out of 394 National Park units. The other 336 units are National Monuments, National Seashores, National Battlefields and other units that the Park Service oversees. In order to become a real National Park it takes an act of Congress. The President can create National Monuments via the Antiquities Act and Congress can set aside other areas that are to be protected by the NPS. But a National Park is the crown jewel of the NPS system and that is why only 58 National Parks currently exist in the US.

Thanks Tom, I always appreciate this kind of information as I too am a stickler for accuracy.

So............................ will we see you there?

geodrake said:
Thanks Tom, I always appreciate this kind of information as I too am a stickler for accuracy.

So............................ will we see you there?
I wish I could be there George, I would love to meet you and many of the east coast forum members. But I am not going to be traveling for the next year as I have to save up to buy a newer RV.

seilerbird said:
I wish I could be there George, I would love to meet you and many of the east coast forum members. But I am not going to be traveling for the next year as I have to save up to buy a newer RV.
Chuck that idea Tom............... find a new girlfriend with a new RV.

We will be leaving northern PA around the first of Oct heading to Camp Lejeune.  If it works out we can make it.

geodrake said:
Chuck that idea Tom............... find a new girlfriend with a new RV.
Been there, done that and got the t-shirt. I would love nothing more than to find a girlfriend with or without an RV but at my age it just keeps getting harder and harder to do (finding a single woman, that is).

Maybe I should run an ad in the local Craigslist that goes something like this: "Wanted, single mature woman with RV. Send photo of RV."

Bummer --
"Trailers and fifth wheels are limited to up to 26 feet in length and 12 feet in height and motor homes up to 32 feet in length and 12 feet in height. Check out time is 12:00 p.m. Hook-ups are not available."

As much as Donna and I love to attend Rallies, Uncle Sam limits our time in the US.  As a result, we usually head south in December, so miss all these fall events.

Ed

As Frank ( AllegroRV ) has pointed out Oak Ridge Campground has no hookups and limits RV length to 32 ft for MHs and 26 ft for others.  Additionally there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of interest anyhow. 

So................... Rather than making this a Rally lets just say October 12 - 14 could be a good time to stop by and say hi, but you would be welcome anytime.  If we get a few of us together we will do a campfire or two and even happy hours.

First post, so to start, I've been doing quite a bit of reading on the site for quite awhile and still have a long way to go...I thank all of you for your contributions as they're helping my wife and I determine which RV will be the best fit for us...We're not too far away from Prince William Forest Park in Northern VA and am thinking the Oct dates might work for us - assuming of course we've purchased by then!  I think we're getting close, but I'm also sure you'll see a few questions before we pull the trigger...

Both of us have done a fair amount of camping both as kids and several nice trips in our pop-up before kids and other things took us away from it for awhile...Now we're looking at both Class A and Class C - probably Sprinter based...hopefully we'll be able to use this "non-rally" as a shake down trip! 

We'll keep you posted and thanks again for all of the helpful information!

Tom

Back
Top Bottom