Set To Fulltime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skirk55

My wife and I keep our fifth wheel parked on a seasonal site. When we take a trip we pull from our site. This has been very nice. In July I had Prostate cancer and had it removed. We packed up the house and went to our trailer for a few weeks to rest and get better.
We were very happy in the trailer and it made us think about just selling everything and live in a fifth wheel. We made an appointment with a retirement planner and set everything so when we are 62 we are gone! No more house,grass and high taxes.
I can get over how getting cancer could change everything. I am 100% clear of cancer and we are 100% set on fulltiming. We were going to go to Yellowstone this fall but after what I went through we put it off until next wear. This year we are going to Disney and stay in our Fifth wheel. We rescheduled our trip to Yellowstone for 2012. Every year until we retire we are going to take a nice road trip and spend time in our trailer.  ;D

There is an article in our library for prospective full timers you might wish to read.

http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=435:fulltimeprep&catid=29:fulltiming&Itemid=45

Congrats on licking the big C.

Tonight my wife told me it will take me a year to sell everything I have in my shop. We will be getting a four season fifth wheel and we will also need to replace my 2011 Dodge 2500. We have 6 years to get ready.

one thing to consider is if you are going to upgrade in an RV do it while you still have a permenant address.  We made a mistake in not doing that before we sold the house and moved into our fiver.  We paid off everything and now want to move up into a bigger unit.  Don't want to pay cash for it but want to finance a portion of it, having a problem getting financing not because of credit worthiness but no permenant address.  We have a mailbox with a street address with UPS but that is not good enough.  Full timing is a great life and you will get to see many things that a lot of people do not get to see.  We love our life but should have preplanned.

We are looking to stay at 38' in length. Later when I am over 66 years old it will not be to hard to pull. We also are thinking it may be nice at that time to put one on a lot and keep it there. We are going to have a lot in Florida and Virginia. The last few years we travel to Florida and looked at resorts. We will lease our lot in Virginia the zip code is 23336. We have a Golf Cart in Virginia and the Island has a speed limit at 25mph. You can use a street legal golf cart. We will keep one in Florida also. I looked into pulling a cart on the back of the trailer and the cost was around $4000 so we will purchase one more.

Back
Top Bottom