Li'l ole Quartzsite is in the news!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZuniJayne

Came across this link today.  With what I have learned about Quartzsite over the years, it doesn't surprise me.  ;D

http://news.yahoo.com/emergency-declared-az-town-over-allegations-211928629.html

While we were in Quartzsite last winter we had a nice chat with Jennifer Jones at Palo Verde about the goings on in town, so reading about this doesnt surprise me.
Paul

Sounds like this will make some good reading in days to come.

From the sounds of it, Foster is the good guy in this story, (HE said she should not have been arrested as she was exercising her rights)

I also expect to hear from the ACLU on this one,, and in a somewhat strange statement for me, I think I'm going to have to support them on this issue... (I'm not normally their biggest fan)

What is clearly needed here is to hear from the good people of Quartsite.. That is, Special election to replace those who conduct meetings in private and won't let people speak out their mind.

Amazing.  Reminds me of jack booted, goose stepping thugery.  Someone should turn it into a reality TV show.  ::)  This really IS a spot for the ACLU to jump in.

Rick

Just politics as usual in good ol' QZ.  We wintered there for several winters in the 1990s and every year coming back was a new adventure and trying to catch up on what went on.  Since at that time, there were only around 1,000 year round inhabitants, not much.  But come snow-birding time, the shenanigans would begin.  We couldn't wait for the weekly newspaper to come out to see what happened during the week.  Some bizarre goings-on for sure! But what fun!!!

Daisy

Right on, Daisy!  ;D All they need is an old dusty bar with a swinging door so they can take turns throwing each other out!  Ya Hoo ... Quartzsite as usual.  ::)

Margi

Let's see, Quartzsite, Az...That's where everyone carries, right?  Maybe I'll just stay east of the Pecos for now, anyway.

Tom and Margi said:
Right on, Daisy!  ;D All they need is an old dusty bar with a swinging door so they can take turns throwing each other out!  Ya Hoo ... Quartzsite as usual.  ::)

Margi

As I recall.. that's on the north side of I-10 west of SR-95.. but I could be mistaken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom