Heading North

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Well, it's time to head north again for the summer. We left TGO on Friday and have spent a wonderful weekend with Gary & Nancy Brinck. We leave this morning for VA. Will probably be off line for a couple of days. After a visit with our son and his family we will stop at Chet and Laurie's. It'll take two weeks for us to get to CT. Hope the snow is all gone and the temps are much warmer than they are now. From all indications we'll be parked at the dealership for a few weeks. The yard at our daughter's is much too wet for our rig.

Steve,

Will do. It's nice here but I know it's going to get colder in a day or two. Just received a call last night from a friend with whom I worked. They just arrived at TGO and are on Fawn Trail. He traded a new Eagle for a 42' Dynasty. Had nothing but trouble with the Eagle. Sorry we missed them.

Have a safe trip Jim and say hi to Pat for us.

and the other mantra for north of the Mason Dixon line is that the snow tires don't come off until after April 15th! We usually send a snowstorm out of the rockies aimed at New England and points in between time to arrive just before or right on Easter. Whether it was Ind, KY, Neb or Ill, it never seemed to fail.

Safe trip to you and Pat, and I know you'll enjoy the grandkids and their parents. Any further idea on when your "cruise" with the USN might come up?

Jim,
Sorry we'll miss you. I'm going down Sunday night so I can have my rig in Eagle first thing Monday a.m.

Steve,
I'm coming down there Sunday night to have work done at Eagle. I have a Flush King that I'm not using anymore since my new coach has a built-in black tank flush. Do you know of anybody there that wants it? If so, I'll bring it down with me. If not, I'll sell it at the Great American RV Rally.

Have a safe trip, Jim. Hopefully the storm that dumped on Denver and the plains last night and today goes north into Canada and leaves you alone!!

We'll miss you and Pat in Moab. Won't be the same without the bagpipes and the best dressed floozie.

Wow, you're getting an early start this year.  Have a safe trip.

We're going to volunteer in Oregon in May and June - May at Cape Blanco lighthouse and June at Sunset Bay.  Looking forward to it.

have a great summer, and don't work too hard.

Peggy & Dennis

Ron said:
HAve a safe trip Jim.  It is a llittle early for the warm weather up North.  Hope the weather gods are good to you. ;D

Thanks Ron. We arrived in Stafford, VA about 20 minutes ago. Snowed here yesterday but it's all gone. Price has gone to $50/day but they now include WiFi. Need to find a cheaper place!!!

Terry A. Brewer said:
Jim..Jim...Jim

Remember the mantra, it's south for winter & spring.<G>

I remember but have to pay for the toys you talk me into. :) It's in the 40's here and it snowed yesterday. Glad we missed it.

Hi Bob,

Thanks. I've experienced many of those spring storms you sent our way. :) We will enjoy the visit, though.

No idea when I might get a cruise. Maybe I can pin him down this week. They just got back from 4 weeks at sea and their leaving again in a couple of weeks. Timing may interfere with work but I don't care. :)

caltex said:
Jim, have a safe trip.  When you swing out west again, if you are passisng near Dallas, give us a call.

Hi Robert,

Thanks. So far, so good. Only a little over 500 miles to go. Thanks for the invite. Will let you know if we head your way.

Hi Bruce,

Sorry we'll miss you. I'm beginning to think I won't do this again. In the 40's here with wind. Snow yesterday but we weren't here yet. Gone today.

I can't think of anyone that might need it but Steve might know someone.

Hi Wendy,

Thanks, I hope the storms go north as well. We have over a week before we'll actually get there but we'll be at Chet Park's next week and he's in the hills.

We'll miss everyone at Moab. It is one rally I really hate to miss. I'll think of all of you having a great time off road!

Hi Peggy & Dennis,

Thanks, so far it's been an easy trip. Might change next week!

Have fun in the Pacific Northwest. Sure would like to spend some time there in the good weather. :)

Back
Top Bottom