EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 1982 Winn. Door covering recovering/changing ideas  (Read 2075 times)

kine97

1982 Winn. Door covering recovering/changing ideas
« on: July 16, 2011, 06:17:01 PM »
Hello,

I would like to recover/change the peeling Entry door covering on our 1982 Winnebago Chieftain.  It looks like it was redone at one time with Wallpaper.  That is starting to loosen, looking dated and just plain ugly. 

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what to use without dismantling the door.  I thought of using contact paper, but I am not sure it would stay in hot weather.  The paper also comes in only 20'' widths, and the door is 24" wide.

Any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Theresa

Blue Road Blogger

• ---
    • Blue Road Blogger
Re: 1982 Winn. Door covering recovering/changing ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:35:53 AM »
If you don't want to paint the door, may be some spray adhesive (like that used for vinyl tops on cars) and material of your choice?
1998 Dodge 2500 4X4 Cummins Turbo Diesel

1998 Coachmen Catalina 320 RK 5er

www.BlueRoadBlogger.blogspot.com

www.blueroadblogger.com

happycampersrus2

• ---
Re: 1982 Winn. Door covering recovering/changing ideas
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 05:10:19 PM »
Hello,

I would like to recover/change the peeling Entry door covering on our 1982 Winnebago Chieftain.  It looks like it was redone at one time with Wallpaper.  That is starting to loosen, looking dated and just plain ugly. 

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what to use without dismantling the door.  I thought of using contact paper, but I am not sure it would stay in hot weather.  The paper also comes in only 20'' widths, and the door is 24" wide.

Any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Theresa

strip the paper off and paint it, your color of choice

Hosted by Over The Network