Phoenix-Globe-Lordsburg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clarabelle

Anyone know what the roads are like going from Phoenix to Globe on 60, then taking 70 to Lordsburg?? We're leaving this Thursday from Houston to Las Vegas and back next week.? Trying to avoid some of the worst of I-10 (i.e., El Paso) and see something new.? ???

Route 60 between Phoenixa nd Globe is mountainous, two-way traffic and  bit narrow in spots.  Once past Globe, travel is pretty good to Safford.  The last time I drove 70, it was pretty good, faily level but also not a wide road.  I haven't driven the route between Lordsburg and Safford for a couple of years but I remember enjoying the drive by car.  I personnally would be likely to go that way with my pick-up and TT, but I do know others on this forum didn't like the drive between Phoenix and Globe because on the narrow roads. 
Jake

In addition to mts. there is a deep valley/ casm  to cross...the Salt River canyon.

Your all turned around.  Salt River Canyon is NOT on hwy 60 between Phoenix and Globe.  That is a pretty good road now and beautiful drive if your not looking into the sun.  Globe to Lordsburg is a 65mph road now.  Still two land however and a bit rough in places.  No problem in my Foretravel though.  Regards
Jim in Las Cruces

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom